• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Synergy/MTS Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Blackface Module no longer for sale

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

khingpynn

Reaction score
I have a Blackface left t osell from all the modules on this post.

Blackface stock no mods origional chrome face $135

I will also consider any straight trades for other modules.

PM me please.

Previous sale trades on this thread...

Brahma traded for KH 2

Grail traded for ISP Decimator

modded XTC $135 SOLD

Cheers

I just received an ISP Decimator pedal in trade. It's looks to be in brand new condition. I have humming from my Egnater Renegade but only at 1 venue. I don't get any buzzing or humming at any other venue ... so I could part with it for another module !! haha .. i'm hooked !

I tenatively have the Brahma and Grail traded and I'm still looking for a Mr Scary.

I will seel trade the XTC or Blackface with this in mind.

Had I known you had that XTC I likely would have picked that up as well. I'll check with the wifey tonite. Cheers, Lucius

Sorry Lucius the XTC just sold.

I have one Module left for sale or trade.

Blackface $135

I'm looking for a sale preferbly or trade with cash for a Mr Scary.

Cheers

KH 2 arrived today... thanks Lucius.

Keep me posted as to the arrival of your Brahma.

once I get it in the slot I will post my thoughts.

put the KH 2 in my Lynch Box last night.

here are my intitial thoughts...

and abundance of tight bottom end, upper mids are more Marshall than mesa to my ears... plexi like mids. highs are accurate to marshall jcm 800 but the treble knob gets into presance knob territory after 2 o'clock.

For me this module shines with the gain before high noon... right around 10 - 11 oclock.

I keep the Density at 5 oclock ( 100% ) and the presance at slight past 3 oclock on my Lynch Box.

The settings I settled into prety quick are gain just past 10 oclock, bass 5 oclock ( max ), mids at 3 oclock, treble at 10 oclock. Level at 3 oclock.

As with most mods I find that if the level is not atleast past 12 oclock the module is not performing at it's best.

I like the KH 2 it offer something different from the 1086 ( though it is not as flexible ) and the Mr Scary ( though it is not as aggressive and dimensional. It does offer a great modded marshall sound with excellent not clarity. Hard to say if it's a keeper until I get the SL+ and see where that sits.

Anyone here own an SL+ and a KH 2 that could offer any comparrisons?

Rehearsed last night with the KH 2, Scary and 1086 loaded into my Lynch Box ( EL34 ). Al modules are stock. With A/B/C/ comparrison I like the 1086 most for rhythm. The KH 2 defintely has a old school vibe. I dialed out a lot of bass it now sits a 12 oclock, dialed in mids to 3 oclock and hichs to 12 oclock, and gain to 12 oclock. For me this is a good modded Marshall tone thats Plexi in the top and JCM 800 in the mids and JCM 2000 in the lows if that all makes sence ;)

I've decided to keep hold of my Blackface for now and try some different tubes in the v1 position.

I'm also going o be looking for a KH1 and Clean module.

Thanks to everyone who traded bought sold here at this thread.

Electric I you need to send me a PM with your mailing address so I can send out the XTC.

Looks like I just sold the Blackface Super V and Mr Scary... Sold one of my Lynch Box halfstacks. I actually sold it to the guy I got it from. He emailed me asking if I still had it and would consider selling it as he misses it. This guy has had a plethora of high end amps and is going back to the Randall MTS Lynch Box.

I'm in the market for a RM50 1x12 combo and some modules. Modules dont matter so much as I can sell trade. Contact me by PM if you are selling.