• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Synergy/MTS Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Module suggestion

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

k9blek

Reaction score
I have an RM22 now so i'm stuck with just two modules ... What i'm looking for is a module that I get get a decent clean (doesn't have to be completely clean) to use for 3-4 songs a night ... with a switch to get a good plexi + or marshall rhythm sound. I really liked the stock plexi when I owned one ...but thought it needed just a tad more gain without compression or darkness. I'm open to suggestions.

If i can't find a module to please me in this way, I may actually sell out of MTS. Module swapping and buying has become an addiction ! Maybe I'll sell off my RM22, Gigmods 1087, and my JF VHT and either get out for awhile or start fresh with an RM100 again ??? Anyway ...thanks in advance to suggestions. I am willing to trade or sell both of the previously mentioned modules to get the 3 channel (decent clean, plexi + type rhythm, and decent gain) setup in my 2 channel rm22 ...so suggest away !

I have to recommend my Egnater Plexi that I have for sale. Its better than the Randall version. Cleans up really well but has more available gain. Broad EQ range too. Takes tube changes real well too. So you can tweak it for a bit more gain or clarity.

Stoner AD module. Has a switch to go from dirty to clean. Will do exactly what you want. I can tell you I ain't selling mine. Definitely the most versatile module I own and I'm currently at 18 I think...

Too bad the switch isn't footswitchable. Good luck. I'm pretty sure any of the main modders here will make you what you want just ask them. They all seem very helpful.

I'll throw Jaded Faith's XTC module into the hat. Plexi mode has a nice clean. Turn off plexi mode and she gets irritated... flip to red channel and she gets real mad.

I'm kinda new at this but at practice tonight I realized that if I turn down the volume half way on my guitar my JTM got cleaned up nicely. So, in theory you could have 3 tones. Semi clean, dirty(turn it clockwise) and nasty. I have also noticed that a lot of guitar pots don't clean up without losing a ton of volume when you turn them to half way up which is why even my non PRS guitars have PRS volume pots in them.

Why don't you set your modules up for rhythm and use the boost in each channel for leads?
The Plexi worked good when I had my RM20, but the amp is pretty dirty and not that loud or clean on it's own no matter what module you use.. You might be better off with an RM50 or 100

Rod said:
Why don't you set your modules up for rhythm and use the boost in each channel for leads?
You might be better off with an RM50 or 100

Good advice. I use a combo of the modules in my sig and a RM100 with a boost on most of the time. I ride the volume knob to get mid gain, gain, and high gain without switching channels.

Without the boost, I can use the volume knob to get semi clean, mid gain, and gain. I use a RM1000 with the 4CM so I have a patch set up and with one click I can kick in the pedal loop to add a boost and delay (from the RM) for leads.

k9blek said:
I have an RM22 now so i'm stuck with just two modules ...
If i can't find a module to please me in this way, I may actually sell out of MTS. Maybe I'll sell off my RM22

Hopefully it doesn't come to this and you can find your tone. But if you happen to decide to go with another option (RM100), please let me know (PM me) on your RM22. thanks!
m.

Thanks for all the replies. I used to have an RM100 but that **** thing is just too heavy although i loved her. I thought I could utilize the boosts on the rm22 like some of you suggested ...but the boost really compresses the sound alot ... it's still useable but not my favorite sound ...besides my nova system has a boost on every channel for solos.

I'll give the Stoner AD a listen and even the XTC mod to see if that's where i"m goin. I think i'll either sell or trade my JF VHT ... it seems redundant to run it w/ the 1087 i have ... i can get similar sounds ...

PM'd on the Egnater Plexi as well.

Thanks for the help guys ...after switching to my "go to" cab I'm diggin' the 1087 again so I'll probably stay in the mts game for at least a bit. Soooo many amps i want though !

Just as a side note ..i just got a 60 watt Peavey 6505+ combo ...wow .. i love it. I even love it more on my Egnater 2x12 cab loaded with Hellatone Vintage 30's ... WOW.