• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Synergy/MTS Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

***FS: Friedman Modded UltraLead $125

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gtrlw

Reaction score
I have the following Friedman modded modules for sale-

-UltraLead

$125 Paypal gift shipped to the CONUS.

These are Randall silver faced modules. Please note that these were modded by Dave before he started signing his mods. I can assure you that these are killer sounding mods and I am only selling them because I am getting out of the modular game.

I bought these from the original owner who is an active forum member and will see if he can chime in to verify that the mods were done by Dave.

I know that buying unverified mods is risky. However, I can assure you that I am an honest seller. I have 100% positive feedback on EBay (as wbla6215) and have sold on this forum as well as RT.

needtopractice said:
Take some gut shots and send them to dave. He'll be able to verify them for you.

I know they are modded. They sound amazing, I have seen the mod receipts and I trust the guy I got them from. However, I doubt I would get Dave to post on my classified thread that my modules are modded. In fact, I would not ask him to take time out of his busy schedule to do so.

Why not it's cheap free advertising. Can you send me a pic of the Ultra including gut shots? I am interested. Maybe the SL+ too. Gimme a deal on both?

Hi all,

I am the original owner of these mods and sold all three of them to Will a few months back. Waaaaaaaaay back in the day I did indeed have Dave Friedman mod the SL+, a Recto and an UltraLead module... we are talking the pioneering days of module mods :D . Dave F. wasn't signing them or putting on the sticker of authenticity at the time because aside from Pete T. (who was just starting his own mods) he was practically the only modder in the game.

If anyone is still skeptical as to the authenticity then please PM me and I can send you screenshots of my email communication with Dave F.

All three of them sound really good, of course. The posted price is beyond a bargain for what you get.

Cheers!
Michael

PM'd OP about Recto.

MichaelG: Do you recall what was done to the Recto? Any traces cut/altered? I am assuming this mod was done to an actual Recto module?
Thanks!

Hey Nikki,

The mod was simply Dave's take on what he could do with that circuit. There is now an absolute crap-load of gain, the bottom end is tighter and the frequencies altered a bit. Still has the recto character but is meaner sounding I thought.

No traces cut on the top side for sure... that wouldn't be Dave's style.

Yes the mod was done on an actual recto module.

Michael

Hmm.. if you get someone else going for the Recto, please take it. I am FAR from a high gain lover (my stock Ultra Lead and XTC do not even hit 2 o'clock, ever). Stock Recto has more than enough gain. If no one else scoops it up after a few days, then I will.

how about an idea of what mod is done to each of them? Ultralead? Did he make it more soldano ish or was it his hairy brown eye mod? Is the SL+ just his brown eye?

Ultralead - more gain, tighter bottom end but the heavy mids character of the module remains intact.

SL+ - Yes, this is Dave's hairy brown-eye in all of its glory. Mod was done before the HBE was even named as such though.

Recto - as described above.

Dave doesn't really re-voice the modules as you see the current modders doing. He typically adds gain, tightens up the bottom end and tweaks the tone-stack.

Still have the Recto? I have a brown eye and that recto would sit nice with it I bet.

guitarzan said:
Still have the Recto? I have a brown eye and that recto would sit nice with it I bet.

I got it to try,if I dont like it Ill PM you and let you have it for the same price if you want.....

I am in utter disbelief.. the Ultra Lead is still available?
I am soooooo tempted to grab it just to have a second Ultra Lead. I simply have zero need for the extra gain, as I keep my stock UL gain at about 1 o'clock or so (never past 2 o'clock). This is my favorite stocker. My next "wish" is for a nice Marshall-y (JF 1959-Jubilee hybrid), or Voxless. (huge sigh).

Bump for seller.. please do not make me go into debt to buy this.

I ended up with the Recto, and I can attest that it's the real deal. I'd love to try a DF-tweaked Ultra Lead, too, but I just spent my biweekly gear allotment on overpriced pickups. Someone should definitely scoop it up at this price.