• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Synergy/MTS Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Sale cancelled. I'll just keep it.

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DonP

Reaction score
I have a stock Grail for sale(maybe not? See pictures). I'm looking for $175 shipped and paypal'd (I don't do gifts and I don't expect gifts in return).

I actually have 2 Grails and don't need both. Tomorrow I'll post pictures and you can have whichever one looks best to you.

Sorry, but I'm firm on the price. If it doesn't sell, it will be my first modding victim. I think it would be good to experiment on one module if you have a stock one to A/B against to see if the changes made are for the better...or worse LOL!

Thanks.

Take your pick of either one.

I just noticed some of the capacitors on each are different. I have no idea of which is stock and which is modded, or if they are both stock and Randall just switched parts suppliers.

If someone can tell me some info that would be great. Refer to them as the Blue Cap or Red Cap versions.

GrailTop.jpg

GrailFront.jpg

Hope I am not out of line posting this.

Stock modules have generally been selling for about $75-125 from what I have seen, with a huge majority of them going for $110-120. Signature modules have sold for slightly more at times, but that scales according to desirability + rarity. IMO, the Grail is simply not that rare.

It is in cases like this that I wish people would leave the prices in their classified ads, so that people would then have a decent reference point. Ebay can be quite misleading.

nikki-k said:
Hope I am not out of line posting this.

Stock modules have generally been selling for about $75-125 from what I have seen, with a huge majority of them going for $110-120. Signature modules have sold for slightly more at times, but that scales according to desirability + rarity. IMO, the Grail is simply not that rare.

It is in cases like this that I wish people would leave the prices in their classified ads, so that people would then have a decent reference point. Ebay can be quite misleading.

You are correct. I did try a search for "Grail" in the classifieds but it was very difficult because the selling price was often replaced with the word "sold".

Thanks. I'll pull the listing.

Oh if anyone cares, I did A/B the two modules this afternoon. All controls set to noon.

One module seemed to have a little more "hair" and output, but the other module could match it by simply bumping the gain and level slightly. Not much of a difference between the two that I could tell.

Oh! No! I am not saying you should pull it (necessarily), but rather just trying to provide a bit of context. I have been wrong, and absolutely love that I learn when I am wrong.

I would suggest:
Serious consideration of what your goal(s) is(are). Do you have modules you like/love? Do you have tones you are in search of? And, what is it about the Grail that has you considering selling it?

That said..
Contact Jaded Faith. He has Base Mods that could very well turn that Grail into something you love. Worst case, use it as a donor for one of the "full mods" he has. I believe a donor module runs about $150 (I could be wrong, please double check!), so you would only be losing $25 by modding the Grail. (based upon your current asking price, not what you would actually pocket should you sell it for the asking price). Oh- wait.. with Paypal and shipping, that $25 would be whittled down.

Another suggestion: Possibly, trade it. There could very well be someone with a stock module you may like, and they may want a Grail. Even if the module you get from the trade is not to your liking, you then retain the same options as before. Only loss is shipping and time, which, IMO, are worth the price to try other flavors.

nikki-k nice way to **** on someones post. I don't think the OP was out of line at all and this kinda posting in someones sale sucks. I don't think it is in line or good taste. Would you like it done to you. Don P post that module back up man. If no one wants it at your asking price it's up to you to lower or keep no one else has that right. Free forums being what they are and no mods allow this poor etiquette to happen.

Off my soap box carry on. Free bump.

ibenhad said:
nikki-k nice way to s*&t on someones post. I don't think the OP was out of line at all and this kinda posting in someones sale sucks. I don't think it is in line or good taste. Would you like it done to you. Don P post that module back up man. If no one wants it at your asking price it's up to you to lower or keep no one else has that right. Free forums being what they are and no mods allow this poor etiquette to happen.

Off my soap box carry on. Free bump.

Yeah that kinda sucks- Ive seen these sell for more and less- its supply and demand and who wants it at the time of sale. Its not far off what I paid for my last one and Lynch sig mods always get more than typical stockers. And previous sales have nothing to do with pricing your mod and do NOT need to be kept on the posts- This has been discussed here forever..... I always delete mine post sale in respect to others and allow them to sell for their own estimated value. There's times where I need to move one fast so I price it low- That wouldnt be fair to someone who is not in that situation- Its up to you to post what you think its worth, or maybe you want what you paid for it etc...FWIW- These are getting harder to find stock as time goes by- My opinion.....If you dont like the price, dont destroy the guy's chances of selling his mods- just dont buy it.

Wow, nice way to **** on someone trying to be helpful. Seriously.

I was trying to be helpful, and not let someone post a module for sale for a price that was quite a bit higher than anyone would pay for it here. I prefaced my post by stating that I was unsure if I was out of line. Look at ebay. I would say look here, but it is rare that someone leaves the prices in their sales. I do not understand why those prices are not left in place for others to have as a gauge.

Would I have wanted someone to post in my sale? ABSOLUTELY YES!!! If I were unaware that a price I had set was high, I would definitely want to know. I never told him to pull his ad, I never insulted him, and in fact I tried to be helpful. Maybe it is because I am AUtistic that I am more upfront and honest with people. Maybe I should learn to be fake before posting again?

(btw- has your posting that further tainted this thread? Or is ALL of this now my fault? Should I simply not post on these forums anymore, or at least until I have lessons on "how to be a normal person"?)

Hey no harm, no foul, guys. No worries, I'm not upset.

Nikki, to answer your reason as to why I would want to sell it, well, I have 2 Grails. I don't really need 2 of the same module.

Thanks guys for the info.

nikki-k said:

I was trying to be helpful, and not let someone post a module for sale for a price that was quite a bit higher than anyone would pay for it here. I prefaced my post by stating that I was unsure if I was out of line. Look at ebay. I would say look here, but it is rare that someone leaves the prices in their sales. I do not understand why those prices are not left in place for others to have as a gauge.

Would I have wanted someone to post in my sale? ABSOLUTELY YES!!! If I were unaware that a price I had set was high, I would definitely want to know. I never told him to pull his ad, I never insulted him, and in fact I tried to be helpful. Maybe it is because I am AUtistic that I am more upfront and honest with people. Maybe I should learn to be fake before posting again?

(btw- has your posting that further tainted this thread? Or is ALL of this now my fault? Should I simply not post on these forums anymore, or at least until I have lessons on "how to be a normal person"?)

Its all good....you werent rude and were helpful- you might be one of the just a few who would want a post like that saying your item is overpriced but that's your right. Maybe a PM if you absolutely felt obligated to give Don your "opinion" might have been better....No worries! Lets move on!!

Hey Don- One of those look slightly modded to me?

nikki-k said:

Wow now you post that you have Autisim as if that makes it ok that you were a douche, really that's your lame excuse for lack of common courtesy? Do you go to the Mall and scream over from say Macy's to Sear's that mattresses are cheaper at one than the other? WTF is wrong with people. If you see something in someones post you ??? PM them. That is what it is for.

Lastly are you the end all in what a good price for a module is? Let people post for whatever they want. Sorry to soapbox but this kinda **** pisses me off. And the lame excuse of Autism save it for someone who cares. End rant. Sorry to the OP for possibly missing out on a sale.

Out of respect for the OP, I will refrain from defending myself from the unprovoked, ridiculous attacks from ibenhad.

@OP: I truly am sorry that my initial post was taken to mean your module could not sell for your asking price.

My post was simply and solely intended to prompt the OP to do some research, if they had not done so already. A PM to me of my post being inappropriate would have resulted in my removing/editing my post. Had I pm'd the OP, the result would likely have had the same result, absent of everyone else knowing why (it was removed/cancelled). I opted for posting in the thread so as to afford other input, and to invite discussion (if desired). The OP stated that they were firm on the price, and that if it did not sell, it might become their "first modding victim."

Seeing that posting in someone's thread is bad taste (I stated I was unsure in the first sentence of my post), I will not do so again, and will refrain from PMs as well. I have seen other FS threads get posted in, and did not realize my post was so out of line.

Yes, best not to make public critques of a seller's asking price. It undermines the sale and could potentially scare off potential buyers. They can adjust the price if they need to according to the market demand (or lack of)

crankyrayhanky said:
Yes, best not to make public critques of a seller's asking price. It undermines the sale and could potentially scare off potential buyers. They can adjust the price if they need to according to the market demand (or lack of)
Ah! Thank you for this. Now I understand.

Latest posts