• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Synergy/MTS Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Sold

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
matt-

Dial the gain back and use OD1 on gears 1 and 2. This module has almost too much gain and needs less. Just a recommendation before you sell yours. I really dig mine.

The Rossness said:
matt-

Dial the gain back and use OD1 on gears 1 and 2. This module has almost too much gain and needs less. Just a recommendation before you sell yours. I really dig mine.

I agree.....there's something awesome in the lower gain settings.......I do this all the time.

JayDA said:
The Rossness said:
matt-

I agree.....there's something awesome in the lower gain settings.......I do this all the time.

The QMGT works well if you boost the front end and have lower than usual gain on the module. It also hates V30's with a passion. Is just what I've observed with mine. Its a nasty module while still remaining fluid. You need to sharpen up your picking attack while playing it, but once you do, the thing is pretty friggin' cool :D

Thanks for the tips guys...This module is just not for me...According to most everyone else it should make someone very satisfied and happy...She's a looker and has all the latest everything...

299 Price! Shipped!

Mattfig said:
Thanks for the tips guys...This module is just not for me...According to most everyone else it should make someone very satisfied and happy...She's a looker and has all the latest everything...

299 Price! Shipped!

Well, that's a good price. someone buy this from matt :)

The Rossness said:
JayDA said:
The Rossness said:
matt-

The QMGT works well if you boost the front end and have lower than usual gain on the module. It also hates V30's with a passion. Is just what I've observed with mine. Its a nasty module while still remaining fluid. You need to sharpen up your picking attack while playing it, but once you do, the thing is pretty friggin' cool :D

Lots of mods hate V30's...lol...so do I! I used to love em...Until I tried some other speakers. Im sticking with the G12k-100's. Seriously, they color the tone with some real honky sounding mids..some people love em. Doesnt work too well with some of the mods though. As far as a Splawn- I've played the real thing but not Rob's mod. Very unforgiving and a bit sterile if you ask me but sits REALLY well in a band mix. Surprised to see a few people buy these and flip them so quick?

I have vintage 30s in my cab, I use the original quick mod with gain at 1:00 on gear 2, overdrive 1 with a boost in front just to tighten things up a bit and it is flat out awesome. These can be tricky beasts to dial in. Although if ya don't dig it, ya don't dig it

Yeah i third the V30 thing, I have been trying to get my buddy top at least work in a couple G12T-75s into his oversized recto cab. Peavey's hate those speakers and he hates the mids but is too stubborn to listen to me.

anyway theres an indirect bump bump for figg

Thanks for the bumps and comments...As for the V30 thing...That is still my standard...I guess I fall on the opposite end of the spectrum there as I find most mods seem to love them. The best speakers for MTS IMHO are still the Celestion Neos that came in the NXT cabs...And, those are VERY similar to V30s...

Funny how we all hear different things despite having much of the same gear...

The ones I really want to try are the Eminence SuperV but that ain't happening anytime soon...

Anyway, don't forget Quickmod GT 299 Shipped!

:D

Mattfig said:
Wow...No one at 299?

I can't believe it...

OK...

289 shipped ConUS w/paypal gift...

I just posted a Marshall cab yesterday locally. If it goes, I will bite.

Id love to have this but alas with a dead rm50 combo and what looks like a damaged rm50 head that just came out of the box looks like my cash will go to $70 an hour amp repair and a couple sets of new tubes:( BTW Mr figg is a top notch person to deal with in any capacity im shocked that this isnt gone already.. Somebody must need a high gain modded marshall tone! GooD Luck with the sale matt!
-mp-

Latest posts