• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Synergy/MTS Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Looking for stockers- WTB any of the following....

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rblyn

Reaction score
Not for modding....Just looking to get a few more stockers to add to the collection- Let me know if you have any of these and your asking price-

EDIT- Should have added this first time around....Trying to find the SL+/Ultra XL and XTC in the "black" faceplate version if possible...

Mr Scary (found one! thank you stratomaster!)
SL+
Ultra XL
1086 or Plexi Plus
KH3
XTC

:D

Us stocker guys are in the minority it seems...less and less stockers in circulation I've noticed. I jumped on a KH-2 last week as to my knowledge it was essentially a "brown" module and I'd like to swap a part or two and see how plexi I can make it sound. The tweed is another stocker i'd like to try in the future.

Kapo_Polenton said:
Us stocker guys are in the minority it seems...less and less stockers in circulation I've noticed. I jumped on a KH-2 last week as to my knowledge it was essentially a "brown" module and I'd like to swap a part or two and see how plexi I can make it sound. The tweed is another stocker i'd like to try in the future.

yep...Ive had a ton of modded modules but have circled back around to using a lot stock modules with some EQ or slight boost- I like lots of the modded modules but can make my stockers get pretty close to some of modded ones (Marshall types most definitely can match the tones but not so much the botique type mods) and they are actually working better for me for what I do most of the time. Still using the Judge a ton and picked up my 3rd stock Scary today- this time for good :D I had a KH2 and it was pretty cool but really liked it boosted- I dont know why .....The Scary I got today sounds way better than the last two I had. I noticed my older ones did not sound as good as my other guitarists "new" one either but this one sounds killer. Strange, I had the same thing with the three Grails I had, the newest one sounded better too- FWIW I would like to hold on to the signature stock mods that I get now as I think they are becoming scarce....

I've heard that mentioned before , that some grails or scaries sound better than others. Makes me wonder.. is this similar to a vintage plexi type of thing where components drifted in value or were there a few revisions along the way? If that's the case, I've got a Judge that is so/so :D It's good, but something could make it better. Brahma still the head of the pack for me.

Kapo_Polenton said:
I've heard that mentioned before , that some grails or scaries sound better than others. Makes me wonder.. is this similar to a vintage plexi type of thing where components drifted in value or were there a few revisions along the way? If that's the case, I've got a Judge that is so/so :D It's good, but something could make it better. Brahma still the head of the pack for me.

cause theres a missing gain stage on V1b

No that's not it... judge is fine gain wise for me, it is something in the low mids and thin highs. (at least for me)