• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Synergy/MTS Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

A few modules for sale

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

danhops

Reaction score
Deluxe-$115 shipped
Friedman Modded Ultra Lead-$200 shipped (just tweaked to sound good by Dave). Plenty of gain (more than a brown eye mod) and feels really nice to play on.

Both silver face models

Gigmods Mark- $260 shipped

Trades?

I'm very interested in the XTC and/or the UL. Can you give me an idea of how they compare with the stockers (gain, tonality, etc.)?

Thanks,

Jay

Honestly never had a stock Ultra Lead so I really can not compare. The XTC sounds great a bit different from a stock one I had. A little more gain and a cool stringy kinda vibe. Really feels cool to play on.

From what others had said, the Ultra Lead was not a high gainer. Definitely has a nice amount of gain here and has a nice crunch to it. It's not marked as it is not one of Dave's normal mods. Just tweaked to something that sounds cool. I love Dave's mods and have a few. If not for the over lap, I'd hang onto this.

Was the ultra-lead supposed to be more Soldano-ish flavour or was that the ultra? Always wondered why Dave didn't do anything SLO-ish.

I have a Friedman SLO module. I can't remember which platform it was done on.

I've never heard the Randall Ultra Lead described as a Soldano module before. In stock form, it offers more of a Santana-like Mesa Mark lead tone, with loads of midrange. I'd be interested to know how this one compares, but sadly, I'm out of money.

The Ultra Lead is not Soldano like. Dave does do an SLO mod as I have one that he did on an Ultra. Not selling that, just the ultra lead at the moment. The ultra lead that I am selling has plenty of gain and sounds fantastic and feels great as well.

That sounds about right. I remember him saying the ultra was a pain in the ***, and it did cost a little more to do.