• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Synergy/MTS Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

FS - RM22 - lowered

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pettymusic

Reaction score
Well, it's time to move on. So, selling off my MTS gear and moving into Bugera territory. I have joined a band and this thing isn't loud enough!!

RM22HB w/ upgraded Mercury Magnet Marshall clone Transformer = $175

Bought brand new on 2/24/2012 for $724.19. I have used it at rehearsal 4 times and never really pushed it past noon on the level knob. Other than those rehearsals it has remained in my smoke free home for regular practice and recording. I just replaced the power tubes with a set of Rubys. It will have a tung sol in v1, ruby in the fx loop, and a phillips 5751 in the phase inverter slot. Those tubes have been in for about 8 mos.

I am asking $400.00 + shipping cost for the RM22 (will be shipped in original packaging along with footswitch)

I am pettymusic on Ebay with 100% feedback w/ plenty of buying and selling.

I've had good deals with Jacksauce, mctallica1, Rising Farce, and ricknasty1985 on here.

Thanks!!

IMG_20130830_224109_649_zps9492b013.jpg

IMG_20130830_224042_083_zps8ee0c3ab.jpg

IMG_20130830_224119_280_zps9794be4d.jpg

IMG_20130830_224131_079_zps1f5d9fa6.jpg

IMG_20130830_224146_180_zps14f5ee3e.jpg

It looks like you've already make up your mind, but some words of wisdom for you: DON'T get a Bugera! They are cheap clones of amps that are hard to find schematics and parts for. They aren't absolute crap, but they are low end with plastic parts hidden here and there that will crack. I use to work on them, upgrading transformers and whatnot. They have low resell value too.

I've searched the world looking for the best sounding, most versatile amps, so it's always amazing to me when people leave the MTS world. If you are going to leave, PLEASE don't go Bugera. Get a used 5150, XXX or whatever tone you are chasing. It will be much better for you in the long run!

mikegyver said:
It looks like you've already make up your mind, but some words of wisdom for you: DON'T get a Bugera! They are cheap clones of amps that are hard to find schematics and parts for. They aren't absolute crap, but they are low end with plastic parts hidden here and there that will crack. I use to work on them, upgrading transformers and whatnot. They have low resell value too.

I've searched the world looking for the best sounding, most versatile amps, so it's always amazing to me when people leave the MTS world. If you are going to leave, PLEASE don't go Bugera. Get a used 5150, XXX or whatever tone you are chasing. It will be much better for you in the long run!

Thanks for the advise but, you're correct. I have made up my mind.

After much research and reading the stories of the plastic connector in the power section and the plastic pots they use. From what I'm told by current and ex-Bugera owners (that have purchase and/ or worked on the more recent production 2009, 2010 and up I think) these issues have been resolved. I have seen some gut shots of the newer production runs and to be honest, I see more corners being cut by Marshall amps and the like (ie. plastics parts, crappy caps, pots, etc.) I've talked to guys that are pissed off at their used or new 5150 stays in the shop and the other guitarist in the band has had his Bugera touring with him for 2 years with the original tubes in it with no issues. I've also talked to guys on the reverse, wishing they had went with the JSX.

The warranty I get makes it hard for me to worry about hard to find parts (although, I am interested to know what part they could have that could not be easily replaced or substituted)

As far as the schematics go, as you said before, they are clones of other amps. As are all amps.

I see a lot of people leave and come back to MTS. I have my reasons for leaving and they do not have anything to do with MTS lacking in anyway. It has more to do with me needing something different. I may end up being one of the guys that come back (probably so). But, for now. I need something different. This deal fits all my requirements right now.

Thanks again, though!
:)

Yeah man,you cant really trust what you read about amps...if they were as horrible as some portray them they wouldn't stay in business....Ive read just as bad of stuff about the mts amps as I have the Bugera amps.....I had a Bugera and it was a pos,but still doesn't mean they aren't good amps,I just got a bad one....it arrived not working,just traded it off since I didn't pay much for it......Most people are just brand snobs and will likely bash something just because it is cheap or not a popular brand.Saw it a lot with those Jet City amps when they first came out and came to find out a lot of the haters had never even owned or played one,they were just going by what they read on this blog or something...lol....Never hurts to do some research,but if you don't dig deep enough you can find as much negative as positive on most things.......

alowerdeep said:
Yeah man,you cant really trust what you read about amps...if they were as horrible as some portray them they wouldn't stay in business....Ive read just as bad of stuff about the mts amps as I have the Bugera amps.....I had a Bugera and it was a pos,but still doesn't mean they aren't good amps,I just got a bad one....it arrived not working,just traded it off since I didn't pay much for it......Most people are just brand snobs and will likely bash something just because it is cheap or not a popular brand.Saw it a lot with those Jet City amps when they first came out and came to find out a lot of the haters had never even owned or played one,they were just going by what they read on this blog or something...lol....Never hurts to do some research,but if you don't dig deep enough you can find as much negative as positive on most things.......

Yup,

My dad always said think of the worst that could happen in both cases. I buy a 700 -1000 amp used and no warranty, it breaks. I'm out 700 -1000 and bench costs to get it fixed.
I buy a 600 amp brand that has all the features I want, it breaks; it gets fixed. Worst case scenario, I get fed up and trade or sell. Only out $300 if I can sell it for $300.

I know Peavey, Marshall, among others make good quality amps. But, I've heard some really good reports on these 333 Infinium Xls The guys I've talked to that are ex-owners wish they still had them. They got rid of them cause of all the bad talk. Which by the way, the only real issue I could dig up was the plastic connector. All the other talk is about the same stories I hear with all amps. Sometimes you get a bad one. It's funny how one mistake can destroy a companies business but, it sounds to me like they've stepped their game up in response instead of backing out of the business.

Johnny Wadd said:
How do u post a picture??

- Start a post as you normally would. look just below the text box for "Subject" and find the button labeled "Img"

- Click it then type or paste the url of your photo. (lots of people use Photobucket.com to upload pics and get a url for each pic.)

- click the "Img" again

That's it!

Click on preview to make sure it worked.

Good guy bump! This is a great for the studio with a direct recording out and enough juice for live play (perhaps not all bands). Maybe run it into the mains or mic it. Anyhow, it's pretty light weight. Wish mine had a Mercury Magnet transformer...

Jacksauce said:
Good guy bump! This is a great for the studio with a direct recording out and enough juice for live play (perhaps not all bands). Maybe run it into the mains or mic it. Anyhow, it's pretty light weight. Wish mine had a Mercury Magnet transformer...

Thanks, man!

I've had some interest but, nothing serious. We'' see how she does out on errrbay.