• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Synergy/MTS Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

ALL SOLD

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
How would you compare the Mr. Sinister to the 1959RR? I thought the Mr. Sinister was a nod to 5150, but different than the Trilogy. I had no idea it was Marshall based. Also, how does it compare to that SG SL+ you just sold?

speed2dirt said:
How would you compare the Mr. Sinister to the 1959RR? I thought the Mr. Sinister was a nod to 5150, but different than the Trilogy. I had no idea it was Marshall based. Also, how does it compare to that SG SL+ you just sold?

5150...yeah, I guess I could see that at higher gain settings. It's definitely more compressed than the SL+, and it has more gain on tap. Maybe Rob knows what it is...either way, I dig it.

JayDA said:
speed2dirt said:

5150...yeah, I guess I could see that at higher gain settings. It's definitely more compressed than the SL+, and it has more gain on tap. Maybe Rob knows what it is...either way, I dig it.
I have no idea honestly! It was a one-off Base Mod with a custom plate and not based on anything or any other amp. All tuned by ear to what that customer asked at the time. Probably very hot Marshall.

Jaded Faith said:
It was a one-off Base Mod with a custom plate and not based on anything or any other amp. All tuned by ear to what that customer asked at the time. Probably very hot Marshall.

This is what i'm hearing, hot rod Marshall....with a lot of different mid range and "feel" options....

Yer killing me with these. So the MarkX doesn't have the Crunch/Extreme switch?

I feel like I need to write 'I DON'T NEED ANOTHER HOT ROD MARSHALL' about a thousand times on a chalk board.

nitrous12 said:
Yer killing me with these. So the MarkX doesn't have the Crunch/Extreme switch?

It would appear that it doesn't, I just noticed that. But as always...if you need things added, I'm right down the street from Rob and happy to drop it off for you :D AT this price...you can afford it...

nitrous12 said:
I feel like I need to write 'I DON'T NEED ANOTHER HOT ROD MARSHALL' about a thousand times on a chalk board.

YES YOU DO
YES YOU DO
YES YOU DO
YES YOU DO
YES YOU DO
YES YOU DO
YES YOU DO
YES YOU DO.............

I bet it has it, mine was one of the first mark x's built, it says bright still but has the gain switch. So you got a 50/50
Chance.

LunatiBSW said:
I bet it has it, mine was one of the first mark x's built, it says bright still but has the gain switch. So you got a 50/50
Chance.

You know, you're probably right, I don't remember honestly. I plugged it in for 30 seconds to confirm every was straight with it, but I don't remember what the switch did.

Surprised to see these two still around at these prices, send some offers my way before eBay.....