• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Synergy/MTS Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

SG Afterlife

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The Rossness

Reaction score
I know I'll regret this one...I'm this close to buying a Soldano SLO and they're a lot of dough. So up for sale is my SG Afterlife. Make me a reasonable offer and its yours.
IMG_6143_zps62d5e2ac.jpg

This module is the full on ****! I mean, if you want a straight kick in the balls direct from your cab - this is your mod?Wear a cup and watch your bandmates kneel before the hammer of Afterlife?

Make Ross an offer so he can lament this poor decision when he plugs in his new SLO and finds his testes were left within the Afterlife! :twisted:

Joking aside, awesome mod?.Awesome seller?.

This is about as safe as it gets for premium stuff kiddos!

Thanks for the kind-ish words Matt. I've been getting bombarded with offers all night. All night, and please, keep them coming! I don't want to part with any of my SG modules. I was late to the party, but as far as modded modules go, Scott's work is right up there with Antoin's and better in as is the case with my afterlife and bully.

With no disrespect to the modders, to my ears, I can't get the soldano tone I'm seeking. I don't need the hotrod as the camerock is the ****! The avenger is too dark. The salvado dlx didn't do it for me either. (I haven't tried robs slod100). The real slo is my grail tone (Van Halen's **** album). So if I can swing it, I'm going for it. If not, it's an ENGL and the SG's are off the table.
But Matt, thanks for the kind words.

This is hands down the best "heavy" mod I have ever tried....Someone should grab it-

bnorton4 said:
So your willing to give up your sg mods but not the camerock?

I'm having a tough time deciding on what to do with the SG modules. I've gotten a few good offers on them and I'm considering 3 of them right now. However, I really like the SG mods and I'm having trouble letting them go. The bully is like a plexi that's melting down, but dialed back is great for classic rock. If I put my Suhr Riot in front of it, its becomes a different beast. The Afterlife is like the silver surfer as its the destroyer of worlds. BTW, my Stonerverb and Cammerock are never getting sold.

I whimped out on the SLO today. Its a no-go. Its too expensive and far too loud for my needs. I did however order a Jet City JCA100HDM and I'll see how that one sounds. Mattfig's words had some effect on me, that I shouldn't put all my eggs into one basket. If the SLO didn't work out for me it would have just sucked on an epic level having sold my SG mods to pay for an SLO and hating it. I got a good deal on the JCA, so if it doesn't work, I won't feel too overwhelmed and can probably sell it for what I paid. However, I am still toying with the idea of selling the SG's, so I dunno. There's a nice ENGL Steve Morse head on ebay that I'm thinking about and there's always the Fryette SigX which lingers in my mind. Or I could keep the SG's and go cheap like a used 5153 50 watter or Krank Nineteen80 or Traynor YCS50. That unique tone I'm looking for still alludes me. It alludes us all... and that's why we have MTS gear!

The bully is like a plexi that's melting down, but dialed back is great for classic rock

That statement gave me a chuckle this morning. I've never heard it described that way but it's true. Imagine if Eddie recorded an album with a Plexi on the verge of melting down. Back then, we'd all be melting our Plexi's. I also smiled because The Bully solved my Gas for that type of tone.

As for the Engl Morse, I've been curious about owning one since I saw Steve play one 10 feet away from me. His tone was unbelievably awesome but I also think playing his guitar all day long, all his life, has something to do with that...meaning his fingers ooze tone.

By the way, I've always found the JF SL- OD100 to be a pretty awesome module too. We jam some Ratt from time to time and when it's cranked I start to believe that I'm Warren Demartini. lol

Sounds like you need to take a day trip down to the shop here in NJ Rossness. I have most of the amps you are debating in my personal collection and it could be a great day spent figuring out what suits you and eating real Jersey pizza. :lol:

The jet city amps do sound good,very much like a Soldano Hotrod/Avenger series amp.....That sounds like a great offer that Rob put out there,if not anything,to just go play a bunch of cool amps..Im going to in in Ny in Jan and would almost be tempted to walk out to NJ do something like that...lol.....Im glad I dont have to shop around anymore.I filpped a ton of heads before I realized what I really liked and what sounded the best,most consistant and was the most unique to me for live use and rehearsals.....actually have 2 and they are very similar.....

If interested in the krank 1980, the place I jam at has a bunch of new old stock at great prices. Cool amp, not a GAS killer, but solid tones

Jaded Faith said:
Sounds like you need to take a day trip down to the shop here in NJ Rossness. I have most of the amps you are debating in my personal collection and it could be a great day spent figuring out what suits you and eating real Jersey pizza. :lol:

I might have to take you up on that one. The only guitar place a've been to in NJ is Paul Unks place. I'm not sure what happened to UNK guitars, but they played great! So, if I like the Jet City, maybe you can mod the fx loop so its not line level. I could drop it off for mods and test drive some of your mods.

alowerdeep said:
The jet city amps do sound good,very much like a Soldano Hotrod/Avenger series amp.....That sounds like a great offer that Rob put out there,if not anything,to just go play a bunch of cool amps..Im going to in in Ny in Jan and would almost be tempted to walk out to NJ do something like that...lol.....Im glad I dont have to shop around anymore.I filpped a ton of heads before I realized what I really liked and what sounded the best,most consistant and was the most unique to me for live use and rehearsals.....actually have 2 and they are very similar.....

Actually, I'm going to be in NYC late tonight, but that doesn't help my tone quest, only my get really hammered with friends I havent seen in a while quest.

crankyrayhanky said:
If interested in the krank 1980, the place I jam at has a bunch of new old stock at great prices. Cool amp, not a GAS killer, but solid tones

I think the trend was to hate Krank amps, But I've always found them super easy to dial in and have enjoyed them.The Rev1 had too many highs, the Krankenstein+ had too many lows and I haven't tried the 1980. The only problem with Kranks and Soldano's for that matter is that they're non-master volume amps and get F'n loud! I was playing an Avenger last night and at a quarter of the way up, it was Uber-loud. When I had my Krank Rev1 it sounded nice, but **** it was loud. I haven't played the 1980, but I think it sounds cool

I mentioned the 5153 mini as well. I played one last night and it didn't sound like my old 5153 100 watt amp. those mids which I hated so much were gone. the blue channel kicked ***! I might get one iuf the price is right.. Heck, for the price of the ENGL, i could get the EVH and the Krank and still have money left over. If I were able to get the ENGL, it would be great, but money has been pretty tight for me these days, so Its a stretch. And then I'm still lacking a good clean channel. I'm curious about robs Vybe module but unless I go to his shop, I really don't know.

I'll give a quick status on what I'm thinking...

When I listed a bunch of my modules for sale, there were a few mods I listed that I play on a regular basis and those I rarely play. The SG modules I play almost every day along with my Custom 3. I have one of the original Custom 3's and it sounds better than the tricked out Custom 3 ++ I ordered from salvation. (Who has that module now anyhow?). If I sell the C3 I don't want to sell the Bully and If I sell the Bully, I don't want to sell the c3. They're both great at the modded marshall thing, but come at it from different prespectives.

As for the Afterlife... This is a hard one. I'm not a modern metal player in the slightest. Maybe this module would be better in someone else's hands. However, it sounds nothing like any mts module I've ever played. The power behind it is incredible. And In all honesty, I don't play it as much as my Cammerock or my Bully, but in my arsenal of MTS, its unique and I really like having it around.- I've received some very good offers on it. Am I a dummy for wanting to hold onto it instead of selling it? I dunno. If I haven't gotten back to you're PM on the Afterlife, its because I'm debating selling it or keeping it. I'm just having issues making up my mind.

Peace guys~

Dear potential buyer,

Offer Ross 500 + (in my honest opinion) to be in the ballpark of what I would even consider to be in the "ballpark." I, personally, would think even an offer of 600 wouldn't be out of order?

Sacred Groove Mods cost a lot because they are better than most and hardly available.

That is all.

Merry Festivus,
Fig

Mattfig said:
Dear Ross,

Keep it.

Merry Christmas,
Fig[/quote

Fig,

I've found that that the Afterlife is like your balls... you never want to part with it.

Ross

JD said:
I think the SG modules will head in to Dumble pricing someday. :)

I want to win the lotto, buy a Dumble and record my whole experience of throwing it off a hotel balcony and getting the whole thing on video. Then post it on TGP. ;)

Latest posts