FS : plex , sl2 , E' rect , tweed , ultra LX

Post Egnater & Randall MTS amps, modules and cab for sale and wanted. Please no dealers.

Moderators: guitarguy510, ned

JKD
Donating Member

Post by JKD » Mon May 07, 2007 11:59 am

Smickers wrote:...this gets worse and worse .... he had my phone too , a lady who works there reconized my name and informed me it was in the garbage at the cafe...

at least i got my phone back .

this is 100% fixed and secured now, new password on everything.
If this is some guy you know, can't you put pressure on him or even report him to the police?

Steve

MitchSchaft
RM20

Post by MitchSchaft » Mon May 07, 2007 12:55 pm

this guy's a liar :lol:

JKD
Donating Member

Post by JKD » Mon May 07, 2007 12:59 pm

MitchSchaft wrote:this guy's a liar :lol:
Story is getting a little more 'involved' by the minute :-/

TheAbomb12
RM100

Post by TheAbomb12 » Mon May 07, 2007 1:43 pm

who in their right mind would use paypal in a cyber cafe?
ESP/LTD EC-1000
Ibanez RGT42DXFM (Seymour Duncan Blackouts)
Maxon OD808
TC Electronics G-major
Framus Cobra V2
Cobra 4x12 Slant Cabinet
Hughes and Kettner CC412B (Greenbacks)

okstrat
Lynch Box

Post by okstrat » Mon May 07, 2007 2:02 pm

So I filed a complaint with paypal and escalated it... what now? I just want my $ back.

JKD
Donating Member

Post by JKD » Mon May 07, 2007 2:12 pm

okstrat wrote:So I filed a complaint with paypal and escalated it... what now? I just want my $ back.
I did the same.

I think they wait 3 days until a response from the party complained against and then there's up to 30 days whilst they investigate.

The Tim Anderson dude hasn't got a verified PayPal account...so probably doesn't have a bank account linked to it...presumably the money is already gone from the account in the form of a PayPal check to him....so I think PayPal cannot recover the money.

A Non-Verified Memeber doesn't meet their basic community security standards so I'll be very suprised if I see a penny of my money back :-/

NuSkoolTone
RM100

Post by NuSkoolTone » Tue May 08, 2007 7:26 am

hmmm no offense to Smickers, but this sounds kinda fishy to me.

First step outside of paypal is to get the IP these posts originated from (Should be logged) and then check the ISP if it traces back to said "Cyber Cafe". Cause if it doesn't, you've all been had and this guy's lying.

Smickers, what's the actual name of this Cyber Cafe?

Ned, can you please provide the IP address of the first post of this thread?
This is where you write stuff no one reads anyway.

Iconoclysm
RM100

Post by Iconoclysm » Tue May 08, 2007 9:34 am

I lost $325 for an ERECT module to this guy. I just put a claim in with Paypal, has anyone else been reimbursed?

I received a response back from the guy shortly after I made payment and he said he'd be sending along shipment info after he shipped the module.

Iconoclysm
RM100

Post by Iconoclysm » Tue May 08, 2007 9:51 am

Here's my conversation with the guy:

Hi Tim,

Are these dual or single channel modules? I'm interested in the E'rect if it's a dual channel and will pay $325 for it.

Justin

---------------------------------------------
that seems fair , i'll pay shipping then i need your info for shipping it
though , its the dual , i dont have pics but you know what it looks like im
sure , its in mint cond. ether way if your still interested send me you
info so i can bill you for it via paypal.

tim

-------------

I will make payment tomorrow morning via paypal.

Also, I'm interested in your SL2 but I need to sell off my SL and SL+ first. That hopefully won't take long and I'll try getting back to you when I do.

Thanks again!

Justin

-----------------------------

ya no problem man , ya the other one has a offer on it alreaddy but it may
fall through i'll keep u posted

tim
--------------------------------

After payment went through:

Hi Tim,

Was there no tracking number available for the shipment?

Justin

-------------------------
i havent sent it yet ... i will look into when i do ship it though .

tim
-----------------------

And that's the point where I started to get worried and came back to this thread. Smickers, we will need your full co-operation to recover our funds. Can you PM me your contact information? I will need to assist Paypal in recovering this person's identity and reporting him to the proper authorities. I am a systems engineer for a high profile US Government agency and believe me when I tell you that I can get to the bottom of this with very little effort.

jmgman70
Donating Member

Post by jmgman70 » Tue May 08, 2007 10:05 am

WOW,I feel for you guys,this just gets more and more F*^&ED by the minute,I hope this sh*t all gets worked out or somebody gets worked........................

Iconoclysm
RM100

Post by Iconoclysm » Tue May 08, 2007 10:10 am

Honestly, a scammer would not have replied to my email about the shipping. It really seems to me like someone got themself in over their head and is now looking for an "out".

TheAbomb12
RM100

Post by TheAbomb12 » Tue May 08, 2007 10:42 am

I don't know. Why did he request responses go to tim_anderson1000@hotmail.com rather than the email in his profile (christophercarter1000@hotmail.com)? Provided that Smickers is the Scammer, That would mean he knew before hand that he was never going to send anything.
ESP/LTD EC-1000
Maxon OD808
TC Electronics G-major
Framus Cobra V2
Cobra 4x12 Slant Cabinet

JKD
Donating Member

Post by JKD » Tue May 08, 2007 11:21 am

TheAbomb12 wrote:I don't know. Why did he request responses go to tim_anderson1000@hotmail.com rather than the email in his profile (christophercarter1000@hotmail.com)? Provided that Smickers is the Scammer, That would mean he knew before hand that he was never going to send anything.
If this was a pre-meditated scam by Smickers then it would be smart to use a seperate email address and PayPal account yes?

Iconoclysm
RM100

Post by Iconoclysm » Tue May 08, 2007 11:23 am

TheAbomb12 wrote:I don't know. Why did he request responses go to tim_anderson1000@hotmail.com rather than the email in his profile (christophercarter1000@hotmail.com)? Provided that Smickers is the Scammer, That would mean he knew before hand that he was never going to send anything.
Or he could have been selling these for a friend? Or possibly his original email address is invalid? Or he intended to scam all along? Or he's done this before and Paypal has revoked his original account? Or multiple people actually share the Smickers account...such as a band?

I'm still under the impression that the original intentions were not harmful.

TheAbomb12
RM100

Post by TheAbomb12 » Tue May 08, 2007 11:32 am

what I was trying to say was that, why would he give you a different email than he normally uses, and then all of a sudden get into hot water and try to back out of it by making a scamming story up. Either someone DID steal his info- or this was a well planned con by smickers himself.
ESP/LTD EC-1000
Maxon OD808
TC Electronics G-major
Framus Cobra V2
Cobra 4x12 Slant Cabinet