Buy or trade for an RM22?

Post Egnater & Randall MTS amps, modules and cab for sale and wanted. Please no dealers.

Moderators: guitarguy510, ned

toddler68
RM50

Buy or trade for an RM22?

Post by toddler68 » Wed Mar 19, 2014 10:23 am

Moving away from the RM4/power amp setup (way heavier than I anticipated) and I wanted to know if anybody's got an empty RM22 they're looking to sell/trade. I've got modules to trade (check my signature) or cash or trade + cash. Also have an H&K Tubemeister 18 head to trade. PM me if you're interested.
Last edited by toddler68 on Sat Apr 05, 2014 10:02 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Waiting on the elusive Egnater E2...
Good deals with byzon, Jaymzrock, JayDA (x2), c2ply, metalsoup, JKD (x2), speed2dirt, gtrlw...

djdayson
RM100

Post by djdayson » Wed Mar 19, 2014 3:19 pm

Consider a Two Notes Torpedo CAB for use as both tube power amp sim and cab/mic sims (plus EQ), and a lightweight solid state power amp, no more weight issues.

My similar 4U rack rig excepting it's with a custom 50W RM2 vs the RM4 (they weigh about the same), weighs in at only 30lbs with a Axe FX Ultra in the 4U rolling rack as well.

The CAB's tube power amp sims sound very good, and remove any volume limitations you might have if you typically drive your tube power amp into it's sweet spot etc.

Corium_AZ
Lynch Box

Post by Corium_AZ » Thu Mar 20, 2014 12:58 am

djdayson wrote:Consider a Two Notes Torpedo CAB for use as both tube power amp sim and cab/mic sims (plus EQ), and a lightweight solid state power amp, no more weight issues.

My similar 4U rack rig excepting it's with a custom 50W RM2 vs the RM4 (they weigh about the same), weighs in at only 30lbs with a Axe FX Ultra in the 4U rolling rack as well.

The CAB's tube power amp sims sound very good, and remove any volume limitations you might have if you typically drive your tube power amp into it's sweet spot etc.
Save your money - here you go!

http://mtsforum.grailtone.com/viewtopic ... 905#138905
Band Sites (Until The Sun)
http://www.reverbnation.com/untilthesun
https://www.facebook.com/UntilTheSunBand

Budda Superdrive 45, Orange Rocker 30, Zinky 4x12, '72 Deluxe Tele and MIJ Greco LP Custom

djdayson
RM100

Post by djdayson » Fri Mar 21, 2014 10:27 am

Sure, now you need to have a computer and all it's latency and reliability issues in your guitar rig? You still wouldn't have a decent tube power amp sim to pair with your tube preamps either!

The Torpedo's are the best thing going by far, and a CAB at $550 or so new (less used), is the only game in town.

If you do want to run a computer as part of your rig then use Peavey's ReValver software which includes good tube power amp models and a IR loader (plus other amp models and FX etc), though you still have the hassle, reliability, and latency of a computer to deal with.

Corium_AZ wrote:
djdayson wrote:Consider a Two Notes Torpedo CAB for use as both tube power amp sim and cab/mic sims (plus EQ), and a lightweight solid state power amp, no more weight issues.

Save your money - here you go!

http://mtsforum.grailtone.com/viewtopic ... 905#138905

toddler68
RM50

Post by toddler68 » Mon Mar 24, 2014 10:26 am

I've got Reaper and have fiddled with the sim thing a little, but I guess I'm partial to a physical piece of gear. I just want something light and low-tech that I can throw in my trunk. I've got a H&K Tubemeister 36 that is perfect for that, but since being bitten by the MTS bug, I want to have those tones available to me as well - but in a more transportable package.
Good deals with byzon, Jaymzrock, JayDA (x2), c2ply, metalsoup, JKD (x2), speed2dirt, gtrlw...

toddler68
RM50

Post by toddler68 » Mon Mar 24, 2014 10:33 am

While I'm on the subject... what's a reasonable price for an empty RM22? I checked ebay completed listings and the last 2 sold for low $500's WITH modules (plus shipping) So I was thinking $350 range... am I way off?

toddler68
RM50

Post by toddler68 » Sat Apr 05, 2014 9:57 pm

Bump

Jacksauce
RM100

Post by Jacksauce » Sun Apr 06, 2014 6:52 pm

I would say that auction was a steal depending on condition :D
dr. Feelgood, Camerock, Erecto, GM Recto, Rhoadie, XMG, Mark X, JF SM DF XTC, Trilogy, Angel, Mamba & SE, Markus, Mash-All, Ubersonic