• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Synergy/MTS Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

New Head switcher

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bruce egnater

Reaction score
Working on a new design, handmade, 2 heads into 1 cabinet switcher. Unique, transformerless output buffers, silent switching. Estimated direct price around $350. Interest? Suggestions?
Thanks
Bruce
[email protected][/img]

Bruce:

I may be up for one. I currently run an M100 and RM100 into a Mesa Cabinet. I use a HeadBone (or CabBone - can't remember) by Radial to switch between the two heads and then use a Randall Bigshot (or Hotshot - again can't remember) to switch the guitar inputs. It works, but would love something a little less complicated, although the Radial stuff works great.

Todd the Trademark Attorney
TrademarkAuthority

Oh lord. I've been looking for something to do this.
1) switch between two tube heads
2) switch between two cabs and/or stereo capability
3) midi controllability
4) use my ground control to switch it all

Basically want to be able to switch between my rm100 mono and an rt250 stereo using the same two cabs. Possible?

I use two tube heads and two 2x12s and just switch back and forth between them with the new MXR A/B box, but I'd love to just run a single 2x12.

I have a head switcher from tedweber that allows me to switch two heads into one cab and has a footswitch but NO MIDI...However, it was considerably less...In fairness there is also a slight "pop" when you switch...I would like MIDI.... :) It would be worth the additional cost!

I use the Egnater S4. It switches between 4 heads into 1 cab and is midi controllable. It also has a single line out with 4 level controls for each of the 4 amps. You can use that if you want to run a wet/dry setup, but the wet side would require another cab. Or run the whole thing into a split cab. Bruce, Is this new device a simpler version of the S4 or is there some improvement you have made over the S4?

The S4 sounds really cool. I could definitely have fun with something like that. Is that what you're doing Bruce?

Still testing and refining. Looks like there may be 3 or 4 models with progressively more features. Will keep you posted.

Mattfig said:
I have a head switcher from tedweber that allows me to switch two heads into one cab and has a footswitch but NO MIDI...However, it was considerably less...In fairness there is also a slight "pop" when you switch...I would like MIDI.... :) It would be worth the additional cost!

Hi Matt)))

RJM Y-not worked fine for me.
I have one for sale :wink: