• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Synergy/MTS Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

FS - Salvation Graphic - SOLD!

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Corium_AZ

Reaction score
Ok, so I have both a 50R and a Graphic. I love both mods, but can't justify keeping them both. So, to help me decide which to keep, let me know if you are interested in one or both of these... Kinda strange way to go about things, but I literally can't decide. Pls PM me if you want one of these...

Asking $350 for each, PP gift, shipped CONUS. Will do international too, just pay for your shipping!

I'll post pics when I get a chance, but they are both pretty much brand new...

I'm not that familiar with Orange amps, does Salvation have a bit on the main differences between 'em?

What is your take on the difference?

I had (I think) a Mandarine Graphic some time back, was pretty cool.

Here is a repost of a pm I recently sent to someone with the same question:

50R - Darker module all around. Typically needs run with mids & treble at max settings. Still has a scooped tone all around. Awesome, big, thick, complex distorted tones. Definitely has that 'fuzzy' orange sound, with this one being Slightly 'buzzy'. It has an aggressive nature to it's fuzz/buzz. Again, very chewy, complex distortion - awesome for open chords & very powerful leads. This mod cleans up very well. Has a very spanky, present, grinding type of clean/edge of breakup tone, with a great saggy feel. Much better cleans IMO than the graphic. Sounds very similar to my lead guitarists 1965 bassman head on clean settings. Overdrives very well / takes pedals very well in general.

Graphic - More vintage (less aggressive, less fuzzy/buzzy), brighter in general, not as 'chewy' as the 50R. Also has great, complex distortion, but not as 'deep' in it's complexity. Sounds a lot to me like an old tube rectified JTM on steroids. A lot more variety of tones available with this mod. However, the graphics cleans are both hard to find (gain must be below 9 o'clock) and far less toneful than with the 50R. This is an overdrive mod - not well suited to cleans IMO. But, covers a lot of overdriven tones - from chunky to thin mid gain all the way to modded Plexi/JCM territory and inclusive of that sludge doom tone some folks really dig (not me so much).

So, all in all, here's my take: The 50R is the better choice for cleaner tones and also for heavier tones. The Graphic is better for everything in between. They are both great mods for sure, and I'm happy with both. I'll only keep one, but not sure yet which one.

Surprised to hear your assessment of the Graphic's cleans, as I really like the clean tones from that mod. I guess that means the 5OR's cleans must be REALLY good.

Whoopysnorp said:
Surprised to hear your assessment of the Graphic's cleans, as I really like the clean tones from that mod. I guess that means the 5OR's cleans must be REALLY good.

The 50R's cleans are pretty good for sure. Got a nice spank to the cleans where the Graphic's cleans are warmer, more mellow. I guess to me the cleans on the 50R are more fender like & those on the graphic are more marshall like...

I agree with that--definitely more British-sounding cleans on the Graphic. For me that's an asset, as I have American cleans covered with other modules.