• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Synergy/MTS Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

WTB RM4

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sell it!! Sell it!! Sell it!! Sell it!! Sell it!! Sell it!! Sell it!! Sell it!! Sell it!! Sell it!! Sell it!! Sell it!! Sell it!! Sell it!! Sell it!! Sell it!! Sell it!! Sell it!! Sell it!! Sell it!! Sell it!! Sell it!! Sell it!! Sell it!! Sell it!! Sell it!! Sell it!! Sell it!! Sell it!! Sell it!! Sell it!! Sell it!! Sell it!! Sell it!! Sell it!! Sell it!! Sell it!! Sell it!! Sell it!! Sell it!! Sell it!! Sell it!! Sell it!! Sell it!! Sell it!! Sell it!! Sell it!! Sell it!! Sell it!! Sell it!! Sell it!! Sell it!! Sell it!! Sell it!! Sell it!! Sell it!! Sell it!! Sell it!! Sell it!! Sell it!! Sell it!! Sell it!! Sell it!! Sell it!! Sell it!! Sell it!! Sell it!! Sell it!! Sell it!! Sell it!! Sell it!! Sell it!! Sell it!! Sell it!! Sell it!! Sell it!! Sell it!! Sell it!! Sell it!! Sell it!! Sell it!! Sell it!! Sell it!! Sell it!! Sell it!! Sell it!! Sell it!! Sell it!! Sell it!! Sell it!! Sell it!! Sell it!! Sell it!! Sell it!! Sell it!! Sell it!! Sell it!! Sell it!! Sell it!! Sell it!! Sell it!! Sell it!!
Sell it!! Sell it!! Sell it!! Sell it!! Sell it!! Sell it!! Sell it!! Sell it!! Sell it!! Sell it!! Sell it!! Sell it!! Sell it!! Sell it!! Sell it!! Sell it!! Sell it!! Sell it!! Sell it!! Sell it!! Sell it!! Sell it!! Sell it!! Sell it!! Sell it!! Sell it!! Sell it!! Sell it!! Sell it!! Sell it!! Sell it!! Sell it!! Sell it!! Sell it!! Sell it!! Sell it!! Sell it!! Sell it!! Sell it!! Sell it!! Sell it!! Sell it!! Sell it!! Sell it!! Sell it!! Sell it!! Sell it!! Sell it!! Sell it!! Sell it!! Sell it!! Sell it!! Sell it!! Sell it!! Sell it!! Sell it!! Sell it!! Sell it!! Sell it!! Sell it!! Sell it!! Sell it!! Sell it!! Sell it!! Sell it!! Sell it!! Sell it!! Sell it!! Sell it!! Sell it!! Sell it!! Sell it!! Sell it!! Sell it!! Sell it!! Sell it!! Sell it!! Sell it!! Sell it!! Sell it!! Sell it!! Sell it!! Sell it!! Sell it!! Sell it!! Sell it!! Sell it!! Sell it!! Sell it!! Sell it!! Sell it!! Sell it!! Sell it!! Sell it!! Sell it!! Sell it!! Sell it!! Sell it!! Sell it!! Sell it!! Sell it!! Sell it!!

Thanks! :)

Just bite the bullet, be a man and buy an M4. ;) :lol:

http://www.rig-talk.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=165068
*No affiliation or prior business with linked Rig Talk member.

He's asking 2006 prices. $1700 would be a fair deal; 4 modules $250 a piece and the M4 for $700.

Edit: Actually scratch that, Frank quoted me $400 for a new empty M4 in 2006.

MarcoR said:
He's asking 2006 prices. $1700 would be a fair deal; 4 modules $250 a piece and the M4 for $700.

Edit: Actually scratch that, Frank quoted me $400 for a new empty M4 in 2006.

Definitely asking too much, but that's to be expected due to hagglers. I'm asking $2500 for my LPC just because I know people want to pay less than asking price. Personally, I believe anything under $275 for a stock dual channel is a bargain. So, I'd go $275 x 4 + $700. I think all in at $1800 would be fair (that said, he won't get that much, imo). What's something worth? Whatever someone is willing to pay. Hell, that MOD100 sat around in the classifieds at a steal for $900.

Yeh I don't want all those modules. I already have enough. Plus I Only have a few modules that I'd want dual anyways. Most of my modules i bought for specific tones. Clean or dirty, but very few would I want both. I don't know if that's a good price or not, but it's not really what I'm looking for. I setup my rig so it will easily switch between preamps (and I can have up to 4 separate preamps) I just want another rm4 so I can load 4 more of my existing modules without needing to swap them out. And it's just for recording. I think for live the rm100 works plenty well enough.

Sent from and typed on my tiny iPhone

JeffHenneman said:
Prices may go up now that synergy is right around the corner.

Actually Jeff, The prices will most likely come down. Even MORE.

What happens when a new XBox comes out? Do the old XBox's get more expensive?

Think of the RM4 as an original XBox. The M4 is an XBox360. The Synergy will be the XBox One. Now how much can you buy an original XBox for?

The things people think in their minds. SMH LoL

chas_w said:
Go big or go home. Just get an RM1250.... or two.

I've never even seen one for sale. ...and I've looked.

Actually, the M4 would be more valuable if Synergy does take off. If plans remain the same to only have a 1 and 2 module unit, the M4 would be your only option for 4 and still have the functionality to use both channels. Granted the optimal word here is "if"... The bigger factor would be how many new users would adopt the new format.

I suppose anything is possible, but as said above with plans for the E1 and E2 as preamp options and no plans reported of an M4, MOD50 or MOD100 it could make them more valuable. That is if there is demand, but if there is enough demand I'm sure there will be plans to manufacture these items. As anything, the rules of supply and demand will dictate price. Only time will tell.

The synergy (even if it's only 2 slots) will most likely have something the others lack. It could be connectivity, it could be more functions/capabilities in the new modules... or etc. There will be "something" that makes the synergy better. There's a REALLY good chance the new synergy modules won't work in an M4. Just like the dual modules don't work (properly) in an RM4. ...and don't get me confused. I'm not saying the current modules won't work in a synergy.

They aren't going to build this thing to lose money.

yup I saw that one. In fact I saw that guy had listed those 10 modules and I was thinking about sending him a msg to see if he had one. I didn't (and he does), and now there are a buncha bidders on it.

Depending on how high it goes Ill probably throw a bid at it.

Thanks though ;)

suphuckers said:
JeffHenneman said:
Prices may go up now that synergy is right around the corner.

Actually Jeff, The prices will most likely come down. Even MORE.

What happens when a new XBox comes out? Do the old XBox's get more expensive?

Think of the RM4 as an original XBox. The M4 is an XBox360. The Synergy will be the XBox One. Now how much can you buy an original XBox for?

The things people think in their minds. SMH LoL

chas_w said:
Go big or go home. Just get an RM1250.... or two.

I've never even seen one for sale. ...and I've looked.

I don't think the xbox comparison can be applied to this topic being that Synergy is backwards compatible. But who knows, we may find some m4 right next to those xbox 360 at the pawn shop for chicken feed.

suphuckers said:
Can't you play an original XBOX game in an XBOX 360? I thought you could. I mean I could be mistaken about that (I haven't played a video game in over 10 yrs but...) It's EXACTLY a PERFECT comparison in my view.

Not entirely. You CANNOT play an original Playstation game on a PS3 and you certainly cannot play a PS3 game on an original Playstation. (I don't know much beyond that because like you, I haven't played a game in years.) Whereas, Bruce has said the modules WILL be backwards compatible. So, you'll be able to play old modules on new Synergy hardware and new Synergy modules on old Egnater hardware. So, there is quite a bit of difference in the analogy. You may be correct that the Synergy will have something "better" than the current M4 in some way, but I'll be keeping my MOD50s and MOD100 as they suit me perfectly. As does the single channel setup for the majority of the folks here.

I'm not stirring the pot here, I get what you're saying, but there are still A LOT of "ifs" here. Personally, I think single channel modules and an RM4 are perfect for the studio. I switched to dual channels (and MOD heads) simply because it was SUPPOSED to be my live rig - until I was (not so) politely asked to leave the band. :D

Latest posts