• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Synergy/MTS Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

need a 1x12 cab !!

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jbt62

Reaction score
need a 1x12 cab for my rm22. any suggestions ? anyone have one for sale ? thanks, john

Build this.

http://www.carltonguitars.com.au/resources/docs/TL806_builders_plans.pdf

If I remember correctly (which I may not) you can build this out of 1/2 sheet of plywood. (...but it might take a tiny bit more than 1/2 sheet)

All you need is a table saw, glue, screws, black spray paint, some batting (from Walmart) and some grill cloth (all easy to find stuff).

They usually take me about 4 hrs to build start to finish on a Saturday morning.

Pop in a nice speaker, and you'll have yourself an amazing little 1x12 cab.

You can get some rubber feet and a handle pretty cheap too.

Here's a picture of the 1st one I built (quite a while ago) Its not painted and it doesn't have a handle, grill, or feet, but it should give you the idea.

Theile806EVM12L_zpsd5690201.jpg

Cool build! Thanks for sharing.

I have a marshall 1x12 model ... stay clear of that one! Doesn't sound even halve decent.

thanks for the suggestion ! kinda looks like an ev tl cab i used back in the day !

I have that same cab, built it myself about 20 years ago, same EV plans, loaded with an EVM 12L. I also had a Mesa Boogie 1 x 12 cab for awhile that was based on the same design and my cab, following the plans, and using void free birch, was more solidly built--and I'm no carpenter. I put rubber feet on two different sides so I could use it upright or sideways.

It really does compete with a 4 x 12. That might sound ridiculous, but it really does sound big and full sounding, at least with the EVM 12L in it.

EVcab.jpg

Caine said:
It really does compete with a 4 x 12. That might sound ridiculous, but it really does sound big and full sounding, at least with the EVM 12L in it.

Yup.

I like the port cover on. (I use 2 of these side by side)

I also have a 1x15 I built close to scale, and I like that one better with the port cover off.

Cover on adds more bass.

I have a 35 yr old 4x12 that gets on my nerves. Given the choice between that and this, I'd rather just use the 1x12. This little 1x12 blows it away. I built a 2x12 also, and it's not bad. It's like 2 of these in 1 cab. I didn't follow the dimensions "exact" though, and I probably should have. It sounds good, but the 2 separate cabs (built to spec) sound better.

Do you have to use the EV speaker ? I am generally more fund of Eminence Wizards and would liek to know if anyone have any experience with this ?

Latest posts