• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Synergy/MTS Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

FS: Jaded Faith, Salvation, Sacred Groove Modules

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KillCourtney

Reaction score
Was wondering if any of the modifications the big guys do are ever floating around for the DIYers? Maybe not their current sellers, but maybe their discontinued mods. Would be nice to do a few on my own.

Carefull, I got bashed for asking a similar question.

This forum drives heavely on the modders-for-money, and allmost none DIY topics are discussd here.

A shame really....

There are other forums thg... 8)

I was afraid of that when I posted the question, but it was worth a shot. I have no problem supporting the Modders out there, but a few of the mods they've discontinued are what I was really asking for.

I'll speak for myself on this one. I do not provide schematics or open-source documentation for several reasons:

1: I own an amp service/repair/modification business and make my living doing this work. Granted the MTS modules are only a very small portion of my income, it is still part of my income and feeds my family.

2: This is not a hobby for me and I have worked countless hours learning my craft. It's not simply about copying circuits verbatim from a schematic to a module PCB and expecting it to sound exactly like it should. There is a talent involved in knowing how to bend a circuit to get what you want from it. The 14 new mods I just released required over 200 hours of R&D and I had to close the shop for 3 weeks to get it done. I am obviously counting on the sales of these mods to recoup the time spent and income lost with the shop closed. To quote the Joker in The Dark Knight: "If you are good at something, never do it for free."

3: Many of us Amp Builders are good friends and have our own groups. We try to help where we can in public forums, but some of the DIY stuff I see is terrifying to be quite honest. I'm not against helping someone out or answering questions if they know what they are doing and understand the circuits. I do this daily and hundreds of customers can testify to that. However, I'm not assuming liability for someone hurting themselves or their gear because they want a "paint-by-numbers" DIY project.

That said, if you do undertake your own endeavor I am happy to help. My contact info can be found on my website and I am typically readily available during business hours (M-F, 9AM - 5PM).

Rob

Hi Rob,

I understand your situation and we're not entitled to anything. I hope you understood that my post was not meant as any critique.

Moreover I find it very cool that you offer your help for a DIY endeavor.

How about if we make a DIY thread with mods proposed by forum members? I could offer my MTS Recto module mod and offer some explanation and tips. I am sure any input from you would be highly appreciated.

There is a post that has all of the basic PCB layouts of most of the original mods somewhere around here. While there area a few guys who make money modding them based on what they've learned doing it themselves, I'd say everyone has the same right o give it a go.

A few helpful sources might be

MadBean pedals forums
DIY stompboxes
free stompboxes.

You can usually get a lot of info about circuits in general there and start tweaking your own if you are so inclined. lots of helpful folks

With the man hours invested by the current modders though I bet they have the best of what can be done

Absolutely no offense taken and I'm always happy to help. I have generally sworn off forums and prefer to spend the time with my 5-month old daughter these days, so email or phone will get a quicker reply than posts here. I do poke in from time to time though when killing time.