• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Synergy/MTS Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Dual Channel RM-20 head for sale, $400

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Emperor-TK

Reaction score
I'm looking to sell an RM-20 head that I just refurbished. This was the one that was for sale recently here in this forum that had been converted from a combo. After I got it, I made a small repair to the output stage, built a new cabinet with fresh tolex, and added a nice leather handle. I also modded it to take dual channel modules. There is both a push button on the front and a foot-switch jack to change from channel A/B. The boost still functions, and works globally for both channels.

I think $400 plus shipping is probably fair, since I just paid $700 myself for an RM22 (not to mention the crazy $1000 being asked on ebay). I also spent about two full days on the cabinet rebuild and designing the dual channel mod. The price includes the modified Peavey footswitch but does not include the TD module pictured. I also have the Randall logo but I haven't put it on. If I wind up keeping the head, I'm not much of a logo guy. I'll include the logo with the sale.

Here's a link to a quick youtube video:

https://youtu.be/BUtMgGwQS94

How did you do the modification to accept dual channels? I have a single channel M4 that I would like to modify for dual channel modules. Do you know how or maybe you can point me to someone that would know?

In advance thank you.

Yatagan said:
How did you do the modification to accept dual channels? I have a single channel M4 that I would like to modify for dual channel modules. Do you know how or maybe you can point me to someone that would know?

In advance thank you.

A dual Mod RM22 would be cool also. Is this something you are planning with your new acquisition? I also would be interested in your process to this mod.

I've had a couple of requests for info on the single to dual mod, so I'll post a thread about it in the DIY section.