• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Synergy/MTS Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

WTB A Clean module

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

needtopractice

Reaction score
I'm looking to possibly pick up a good clean module. Anyone looking to sell? Lone Clean? Something Fender based. As long as it has a good rep hit me up. Email me. [email protected]
. Thanks.

Give the stock Randall CLEAN a try. It has a permanent home in the first slot of my RM4 and I rely on my Mesa Stereo 20/20 to warm it up a little. I haven't found any modded "Clean" that's worth the extra money.

That surprises me. I am also looking for a clean mod and I was looking at the SM Twinface. You feel that this comparable to the stock clean?

robert said:
That surprises me. I am also looking for a clean mod and I was looking at the SM Twinface. You feel that this comparable to the stock clean?

I like the stock clean just fine for what it is...But the Twinface is supremely better to my ear and has a ton of features...

Yes Fig but you're selling the TwinFace for $399 when you can pick up a stock Randall CLEAN for about a quarter of that price. For that price ratio, the stock CLEAN is at least worth as try.

Graham Pearson said:
Yes Fig but you're selling the TwinFace for $399 when you can pick up a stock Randall CLEAN for about a quarter of that price. For that price ratio, the stock CLEAN is at least worth as try.

I suggest trying as many stockers as you can. It's the best way to get a knowledge base for this stuff...

i personally believe the Twinface is worth the money.

I also believe the Twinface is worth the money. It does the Twin or Deluxe clean sounds better than stock but also gives you additional tweaks for dialing in that perfect clean. It'll even get gritty for you, too

for me the stock modules are ok and do their job pretty well but are all kind of, for lack of a better word, meh.

I think depends on the music you play and how much "clean" comes into it. I have an essentially stock Blackface (minor tweaks from GWEB) that is more that sufficient. For just over $100, it's perfect what what I play (mostly hard rock).

Try not to get too wrapped around the axle chasing tonal perfection that the average club goer won't hear. I'd hate to see this forum turn into The Gear Page.

Graham Pearson said:
Give the stock Randall CLEAN a try. It has a permanent home in the first slot of my RM4 and I rely on my Mesa Stereo 20/20 to warm it up a little. I haven't found any modded "Clean" that's worth the extra money.

+1 love the stock clean too, best bang for your buck :)

Do also have a JF Super Clean and Texas Special - there both excellent too, depends what you need at the time tho!