• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Synergy/MTS Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

2 RM100 MDA boards

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I haven't tried the 50% mode. All in sounds fantastic, at least on the modules I've tried it with (Voodoo Twin, Salvation Stoner AD, SG Diablo). I didn't find myself interested in dialing back from it.

Just received and installed my board, Much,Much Better,$57.00 makes your amp sound like it's supposed to, Sweet mids hello!!,
Mushy bass goodbye!! Made my deluxe extra snappy, Made my Friedman plexi Dance and sing, sounds like the HB-100 demo's I see on youtube now, Before my stock XTC was next to worthless for me, now the blanket has been taken off and it sound a lot closer to a real amp now.

One thing I did notice,
Even in stock mode a lot of the super low end is gone, which I don't mind as I like a nice tight amp, Play classic rock and 80's hairband rock and i like the separation between instruments.
my head had the correct values,but just wanted confirmation that it does re-voice the amp some, even pushed in.

Can't wait to open it up at practice.

Gunsling3r said:
Just received and installed my board, Much,Much Better,$57.00 makes your amp sound like it's supposed to, Sweet mids hello!!,
Mushy bass goodbye!! Made my deluxe extra snappy, Made my Friedman plexi Dance and sing, sounds like the HB-100 demo's I see on youtube now, Before my stock XTC was next to worthless for me, now the blanket has been taken off and it sound a lot closer to a real amp now.

One thing I did notice,
Even in stock mode a lot of the super low end is gone, which I don't mind as I like a nice tight amp, Play classic rock and 80's hairband rock and i like the separation between instruments.
my head had the correct values,but just wanted confirmation that it does re-voice the amp some, even pushed in.

Can't wait to open it up at practice.

Worth mentioning that different / earlier revisions of the amp might have had different values of certain components as 'stock'

For example, the LB100 sounded way better than the earlier RM100s.

... so when the MDA is 'stock' then it's probably whatever the last released Randall spec was.

That Super Flubby Low End was my most hated thing about the RM100 series amps....the MDA fixed that and then some...

I'd love to try an MDA II one day.....

What Matt said explains it then,
It for sure sounds better even with the pot pushed in.
This really takes things to the next level.
you can hear the volume and boost in Matts vids,
What you don't hear is how much more articulate and touch sensitive the amp is. A must have for sure.

Running a deluxe, Dave modded plexe and for now a stock XTC.
The deluxe has more snap and twang, I used to just run the C45 side of the Friedman plexi, now i flip back and forth between the BE and c45 depending on the song because both sides are very usable and the difference really stands out, If anyone is on the fence, just do it.

Incoming UltraXL.
Almost sold this thing as it had been collecting dust for about 4 years, Now I am reallly digging it, (Let the mod addiction begin!!).
[/b]