• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Synergy/MTS Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

WTB: RM50 Head

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

funkywrench

Reaction score
I currently have an RM50 combo that I love. I am however considering selling the combo to move to a head/cab setup of the same amp.

I've looked into converting the combo into a head but I think it would actually be cheaper to sell the combo and buy a used head.

So does anyone have an RM50 head they are looking to offload? I will entertain offers with modules and without so let me know what you have and I'll see if I could make it work for me.

Also, I probably won't go for an RM100 as it is massive overkill for my needs (in added weight, price, volume etc.).

hi i had a rm 50 combo and i just made it into a head.i ended up cutting it to size left the tolex on.and the handle. used the back pannel for the face plate.the bottom of the combo i used for the bottom of the head.used 2 metal brackets to hold it together.dident cost anything to do if you have a table saw your set.may put plexi front on.
here are some pics of the head

IMG_7121.jpg

IMG_7122.jpg

IMG_7123.jpg

IMG_7124.jpg

IMG_7126.jpg

Looks nice evillee! Unfortunately I don't have the tools, time or skill to do something like that.

Also, I figure that I can sell the combo for more than the cost of a head (since it includes the speaker) and put the difference towards the cost of the cab that I want. Since my budget is really tight, I really need every penny and unfortunately converting the combo into a head doesn't generate any additonal funds for the cab. Thanks heaps for your suggestion though, I appreciate it!

pretty good work evilee! how did you get the reverb unit working in the fx loop? tried the same with the reverb unit of my fender blackface amp put into the fx loop of my rm 100...without any effect.

funny it worked fine before i took it out and i put it back after the head was made and i get no effect and its hooked up identical as before i may have to take it out and look at it ya no clue why that happend.it was always through the loop

Ahhh, just found this on the fender page: "However, since
most of the sonic benefits of the ?63 Fender Reverb result
from the fact that the reverb signal is generated before
the tone controls and preamp gain circuitry of the
amplifier, we do not recommend using it in the effects
loop." So it seems like these units were not made for beeing used in the fx loop.