Guitar Fetish Pickups

Discuss other gear: guitars, amps, FX

Moderators: guitarguy510, ned

rhequiem
Lynch Box

Guitar Fetish Pickups

Post by rhequiem » Fri Jul 09, 2010 8:29 am

Have any of you guys had any experience with the GFS pickups? http://store.guitarfetish.com/index.html I had a band mate show me this site, saying he had heard some very good things about their pickups. They are very reasonably priced, and seem to be made well - even hand-wound in some instances. I am thinking about pulling the trigger on a couple pups, as I have a couple older, lower quality guitars that I'd like to upgrade. Once I got to looking around their site, it seems like they carry a lot of other gear that's quality stuff at a bargain price? Anyone dealt with this company before? If so, what are your thoughts? Are they as good as they sound, or cheap as their prices?

speedemon
RM100

Post by speedemon » Wed Aug 04, 2010 8:44 pm

Hi,

I have a set, not sure which, (guy I bought the guitar from put them in and didn't remember) in my Sheraton. They have "vintage vibe" and a PAF "flavor" too soft for rock, acceptable for jazzing and some blues. They seem to be responsive to the guitar controls, a lot more than my other guitars.
Good trade w/mattfig, walshinator 666, jdj8282, stratoman, Rod, big brewtus and casey hanson. GtrGeorge, and Squid Music

This forum fires on all 8 (12?) cylinders! Glad I joined up!

rhequiem
Lynch Box

Post by rhequiem » Wed Aug 04, 2010 9:19 pm

Hmmmm.... Definitely sounds too soft for what I play most of the time. I wonder how their higher-output offerings are

droptrd
RM100

Post by droptrd » Fri Aug 20, 2010 7:18 am

They have dozens of models to choose from. Ive never heard them but at their super low price, why not
"Gimme some sugar Baby"

Shinozoku
Lynch Box

Post by Shinozoku » Sat Aug 21, 2010 9:10 am

I've heard their VEH rocks socks ;)
RM100M w/ Tung Sol 5881's
Blackface(self modded), Ultra Lead, SL+(out of commission), Ultra XL (self modded)
Vader 2x12 Cab
Edwards E-AL-128 with a Seymour Duncan JB

frostysnowman
RM20

Pickups

Post by frostysnowman » Mon Aug 23, 2010 3:22 pm

Don't know if you would like them, but Smits Pickups have some amazing fat tones for hard to please Guitar players. Big fat tones.
TONE.

KRAMER BARETTA
KRAMER PACER IMPERIAL
KRAMER PACER CARERRA