Mesa Amps Roadking and Dual Rec Solo Head

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

khingpynn

Reaction score
Hi guys... dont used Randall Lynch Box MTS amps anymore but I still read the latest posts and such hear. Sad to see the MTS line fased out it was an interesting line and a great concept.

I'm using Mesa amps now... Primarily the Roadking and I just purchased a Dual Rec Solo 3 channel Head as a back up for my live rig... both are stellar amps with all the tones I desire and am inspired by.

I'd like to say I miss my Lynch Boxes but in truth I dont... the Mesa's are far better in every way. Just being honest it's my own opinion ofcourse.
Not meant to diss Randall as the MTS Lynch Box is a very cool amp.

Here are two videos from a recent gig...

I'm the guitarist in Blakkstone Hexx which is an Airdrie Alberta based Classic New Rock.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oJ6nYroeR2g

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I96b2P9Wf2c

I do believe Mesa makes some cool stuff. I think I could be
super happy with just a Mark series and a few pedals. I have
a good time swapping and modding modules too much to settle
though. :lol:
So what is the difference from your RoadKing to a 3 channel
dual rec? Isnt that what a RK is?

BigBrewtus said:
So what is the difference from your RoadKing to a 3 channel dual rec? Isnt that what a RK is?

The Roadster is a 3ch Dual Rec with an extra channel, a couple extra preamp voicings, and separate 50w/100w switches, rectifier switches, loop switches and reverb controls for each channel. Then the Road King is a Roadster with assignable power tube switching.

iekobrid said:
BigBrewtus said:
So what is the difference from your RoadKing to a 3 channel dual rec? Isnt that what a RK is?

The Roadster is a 3ch Dual Rec with an extra channel, a couple extra preamp voicings, and separate 50w/100w switches, rectifier switches, loop switches and reverb controls for each channel. Then the Road King is a Roadster with assignable power tube switching.
Cool. :)