B-52 amps

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zepplin490

Reaction score
I recently was browsing through craigslist and i saw an add for a b52 at100 an amp brand that i have never seen i read the ad and saw that the dude only wanted $300 for the head and $400 for the halfstack so i started reading about the amps. From what alot of the reviews said that this amp has been refered to as a poor mans "mesa" and from watching videos and reading more it seems to be a pretty nice amp and very inexpensive. The model is the AT-100 and im thinking of buying it for a backup to my MTS gear... Does anyone own or have played these amps?
-mp-

The ones I've played seem fuzzy. When I think of a cheap recto alternative, I think of a peavey ultra/xxx/3120.

The Rossness said:
The ones I've played seem fuzzy. When I think of a cheap recto alternative, I think of a peavey ultra/xxx/3120.

Not true at all...they sound nothing like a Boogie Recto....completely differnt animal....great tones,after all,it was designed by Egnater

Im getting an AT100 tomorrow and im psyched ive heard alot of really good things about this amp and its going to join my amp bevy as the only non randall amp that ill have... Its a great deal 250$ for the head and 150$ for the cab (im only getting the head tomorrow and the cab a little while down the road) Im also loving some of the reviews which say that this paticular amp sounds killer through vintage 30's (which my warhead cab has).. Hope it lives up to my expectations...
-mp-

That seems like a pretty good deal. Seem like one cool affordable amp with good tone. I know alowerdeep likes his. He probably would have cut you a good deal too. So are you getting a matching cab? I havent researched them to know what even comes in them. :lol:

Quite simply the best amp ive ever encountered under 1000$ 3 crazy channels. The Clean is fat and very very warm. Gain 1 i great for classic rock all the way through 80's hard rock and beyond. Gain 2 with the countour dialed in is a beefy tight metallic assault blows my mind how an amp that i payed $250 (used) for can sound so good i would recommend B52 amps to everyone simply the best on all 3 channels for under a grand!
-mp-

Im gonna be getting the cab next week or whenever i come up with an extra $150.. I dont know what the cab has for speakers but for now ive got it running through Vintage 30'sand it sounds great!
-mp-

I have a B-52 cab that sounds pretty good....I don't use it very often but it's never sounded bad...Certainly worth 150...

Good find...

Never played the head though...Glad to hear you dig it! What mod does it sound closest to?