Guitar!

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jacksauce

Reaction score
Hey guys, looking for some guitar recommendations. This guitar needs to be built for speed, fast neck, low action, solid tuners and a tremolo. I love super strats. Jackson Dinky, Soloist, ESP M Series, M-II, Schecter C Series... and so on and so on.

What's your favorite guitar for lightning fast rock/metal riff-ability?

For fast playing, and a great price point, I am loving the Charvel Pro-Mods MIJ. I just got a USA made Charvel Tele style...it's a different beast, but also awesome for the speed.

Good stuff guys, thanks! Charvel has a good offering, reminds me of my Schecter. The Ibanez RG's might be the ticket though Drew...

Try a Jackson SLSMG Neck through, Emg's, compund radious fretboard and a bunch more all for 699$ cannot be beat unless u get a charvel desolation series DS-1FR
-mp-

Jacksauce said:
Good stuff guys, thanks! Charvel has a good offering, reminds me of my Schecter. The Ibanez RG's might be the ticket though Drew...
RGs are my personal favorite. I would highly recommend an RGT2020 if you can find one for $800-$900. The neck-thru MIJ Ibbys are to die for. Trust me now, thank me later. :D

Another thought is the Charvel Desolation Series. I have a DS-1 FR which is a Les Paul Style body (much lighter) a see through flametop finish, a real floyd rose, compound radius neck and a neck through body, along with Seymour Duncan Active Blackout pickups they make a strat style body and a wierd one called the skatecaster but all of them are extremely high quality and top out at $750
-mp-

Jacksauce said:

My RR1 having the best upper fret acces

My old Jackson and Charvel Fusions appear to me to be the fastest playing necks in my arsenal
topping my Ibanez RG620

They pretty much fit your requirements as well, though both the Schaller trems on mine needed replacing
Which are known for having soft metal baseplates and after 20+ years become the weak point of the guitar

Schecter....
a good schecter is a joy!
..and you can find one at a decent price.

GtrGeorge

Buy my latest charvel build-
http://www.rig-talk.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=132117

Or My super modded Charvel Tele-
http://www.rig-talk.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=128930&p=1539817#p1539817

Nightdare said:
Jacksauce said:

My RR1 having the best upper fret acces

My old Jackson and Charvel Fusions appear to me to be the fastest playing necks in my arsenal
topping my Ibanez RG620

They pretty much fit your requirements as well, though both the Schaller trems on mine needed replacing
Which are known for having soft metal baseplates and after 20+ years become the weak point of the guitar

Actually now jackson has the XMG series which has a Rhoads,King V, Soloist all with neck through construction, compound radius necks, Active emg's, real Floyds!

zepplin490 said:
Actually now jackson has the XMG series which has a Rhoads,King V, Soloist all with neck through construction, compound radius necks, Active emg's, real Floyds!

Yeah Jackson went way down in prestige with those :?

These are right up my alley, you guys have great taste. I always choose neck-thru when given the option, but it all depends. I love my usa Fender strat.

Love Schecter c bodies and own a hellraiser, but tele bridge, no trem. I thought about just getting one with a trem.

Charvel has caught my eye a few times, especially the DS.

I'd love to own a white Rhoads with a floyd. Someday...

The Ibanez probably lead my interest, thin flat neck-thru with an edge trem. RGT just fits the bill. However a 5 way pickup selection would be awesome with a JEM. Some scalloped frets on the fretboard? I like all those tonal possibilities. Always been a believer in different guitars have different purposes, but 2 humbuckers, 1 single coil, same guitar is pretty appealing.

More favs?

My favorites are my 1990 Soloist PRO (MIJ, sold my USA cause I liked the neck on the MIJ better), 1987 Model 6 (modded with quilted top and threw tons of mojo at it! lol), RGT42DXFX (fixed bridge, stripped and tru-oil finished), and RGT42FXQM (fixed, quilted maple). I'm also a firm believer in different guitars have different purposes.. I never played any of the RGT Prestige (like the 2020), but I LOVE the RGT imports. Cheap and amazing quality outside of pickups.. Both of mine have Duncan Custom bridge and 59 or jazz necks.

1) 1989 Carvin V220T / 1992 Carvin X220C - best value for a quality guitar hands down. used ones sell for really decent prices on ebay. the v220T has the kahler pro vibrato bridge and i actually like it much more than the FR types. they are 24 fret 24.75" scale though. look for one after 93 for 25" scale and after 87 for neck thru. you will want to replace the pups but i do that on most every guitar anyway.

2) Mid 90s Jackson King V Ex Pro / Kelly Ex Pro - MIJ with outstanding fretboard work and can be had for a good price but the word is getting out on them so prices are up. 25.5" scale and compound radius board = shreddy

3) 1985 BC Rich USA Mockingbird neck thru - the word IS out on these, they run 2000 and up but are outstanding. i had a neal moser made one that i stupidly sold to buy a Charvel Model 6 and will never stop kicking myself over it

4) 1999 / 2000 Ibanez RG7421 - I picked up a pair of these for 7 string duties and they play well. I upgraded the hardware cheaply and that and the pups are the only difference from the higher end RG76xx series. the necks are the same ones used on the universe at the time (98-02) and they are **** near prestige level.

5) ESP LTD JH-600 - very nice if you can find one, somewhat rare but not expensive. KFK will not approve tho

6) early 90s Charvel Model 6 or Predator - same perks as the Jax of the same MIJ time...get it in rainbow crackle and bang your head son!

I like the ESP's and higher model number LTDs for what its is worth. Horizons, MII. neck-thru's for upper fret access. The dig the MII style with the reverse headstock the most.

I wouldn't mind seeing a kamikaze or sunset tiger MII on my wall if I found a good deal on one. I wouldn't buy new since I read the story about how ESP forced Lynch to put an ESP sticker on his JFrogg made guitar for video shoots. Jerks.

Totenkampf said:
I wouldn't mind seeing a kamikaze or sunset tiger MII on my wall if I found a good deal on one. I wouldn't buy new since I read the story about how ESP forced Lynch to put an ESP sticker on his JFrogg made guitar for video shoots. Jerks.

heh, heheh, hahahahaha!!!

Not to insult your intelligence, but GL is probably the biggest gearwhore ever to live the 80's
Whoever paid more: he would endorse

If someone would be allowed to call someone a Jerk it woulf be Jfrog
for GL showing up with their guitar, with another manufacturer's name on it because he signed a contract only allowing him with guitars in public with the endorsers name on it'

Don't blame ESP, they ought to see their name hanging from the neck of GL for the cash they've given him

Not to insult your intelligence but maybe you don't know the story? I heard it from the jfrog folks when I was reporting a local guy for selling cnc copies of their guitars. ESP are a bunch of corporate asshats but they may not be worse the fender is these days.

You're right about lynch being an endorsement *****. He's gotta make a living though and he's not any worse than gene simmons, a7x, or Scott Ian.

AFAIK the Jfrog thing went down way after GL scored his deal with ESP

If ESP acted like dicks, they acted like businessmen within their good right, JFrog just got the short end of the shitstick which is a shame

Latest posts