Back to the enemy ... part time

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zepplin490

Reaction score
Well folks ive been bitten by the evil line 6 bug again and this time its a rack mount pod x3 pro with metalshop and collectors classics installed and it came with an fbv shortboard foot controller. I now have over 100 amp models and 60-75 effects, the reason i bought it wasnt to take anything away from my mts amps and modules but was instead trying to satisfy my tweaking needs (and you can tweak for days with this thing) plus i have owned several line 6 amps (tube and ss) and i setup tones and set up the tone banks on my buddies line 6 halfstack (hes an idiot even though ive given him many hours of instruction on how to do certian things he still needs me)...Just got the pod hooked up to the poweramp ill report back when ive achieved something...
-mp-

Congrats on the X3!

I have a POD XT Pro (rack unit) w/shortboard that I have held onto for 10 years. It doesn't do modern high gain very well (I don't think any Line 6 does), but it can get a lot of cool sounds. And Line 6 did a nice job of incorporating all the controls into the footcontroller (including the tuner readout), years before anyone else was doing that. A lot of cool, smart design went into this device, and it's a breeze to gig with.

It's a great backup system for taking to shows in case my main rig goes down, and it's very easy to set up/take down. It also isn't worth much, so selling it is probably not worth the effort, so I guess I'll keep it!

I had a HD500 for a bit, its a well thought out device especially for a home rig since you can easily record your ideas. There was just something about it that I didnt like though, i think i just dont like new things lol. i sold it and went back to my digitech 2120 artist / johnson J12 pedalbaord combo. cuz its old.