New Marshall DSL or JCM 2000 DSL/TSL?

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zepplin490

Reaction score
Ive been wanting a real marshall for a long time and ive looked at and tried out the 4 channel JVM and the vintage moder and a bunch of modern marshalls and I like the tone of some and hated the tone of others. I require some versatility in an amp so I have been looking at the JCM 2000 series paticularly the TSL as from what ive read and watched demo's of has everything i need and they are ultra affordable from guitar center and ebay. So whats everyone think?
-mp-

Also just checked out the MA100H and listened to some clips on youtube and this thing sounds amazing great cleans and Badass OD.. only 2 channels but has some footswitchable additional features that can basically make it a 3-4 channel amp and for $599 its kinda hard to resist...
-mp-

Just looked at guitarcenter's used gear search and these can be had for $379 and lower so it looks like im gonna add my first real marshall to my amp stable soon!
-mp-

I had a JMD-1 and there's a LOT of praise for that amp but I was not able to dial in a tone that made me want to keep it. I tried for almost 3 weeks with that amp. On the other hand, a TSL would fit the bill if I were to go in the marshall direction again...it has the right amount of gain and is organic enough to not give that ear fatigue that others do. I've had a few dsl's and I think the TSL is the better amp. Good luck!!!

(there is one in freeport CL for $700!!)

I was about to sell my RM50 and purchase a JCM 2000 TSL 100 head but when i fired up the amp to test it out before i sold it ( it had been working 100% for over a year) it lit up and everything looked good but no sound.. Ive got a post under egnater/randall modular amps that details my 2 days of toil attempting to get it back up and running... But I will get that TSL100 if it takes me another year to get the cash together i will have one!
-mp-