1st recording attempt.. will the Eleven rack do the job?

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zepplin490

Reaction score
I have a line on an eleven rack that comes with protools, it also comes wiht a 6 space rack and a furman power conditioner. I have never even attempted any kind of pc based recording. From what ive read the Eleven Rack is a very good instrument to pc interface and even though the amp model selection is modest all of the tones ive heard out of it sound great and even get close to what the axefx can do. the unit im looking at also comes with protools 10 or 11 not really sure. The guy wants $400, which is about what they are going for on ebay without protools... so anyone have any experience with one of these units, Id love hear your experiences
-mp-

Go for it, in the least it'll give you an introduction to PC-recording
and I'll bet the 11 will give you less headaches than learning the ins 'n outs of the DAW

You can?t do anything wrong with the 11R. Play it since 2 years with my Egnater M4 in the FX loop. It has fantastic amp models and cab IRs beside the great FX section. Never wanted completely say goodbye to my real tube amps and rely only on the modeler. However since I did add the Two Notes torpedo CAB to my rig, I am on cloud seven. I use it together with the M4 in the fx loop of the 11R. The torpedo gives the M4 now the full miced amp sound , which I couldn?t get before with the 11R?s own cab sims. The advantage of the torpedo is that it has beside the mic and cab sims additional power amp impulses which sound fantastic. This combination is the best tube/modeler hybrid one can get currently IMO. Would not exchange it for an AXE FXII.
For the recording part, the 11R is a great interface and Protools is easy to learn ( as long as your PC has enough CPU power and memory). The 11R with Protools is unbeatable for its current price.
BTW, I am not working for AVID :D