6505+ combo?

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zepplin490

Reaction score
I just got home after making my weekly visit to check out whats new, and one item that is not new and has been there for many months was a 6505+ combo. I plugged into it with a nice ibanez (turns out it was a $1800 guitar) and proceeded to try out all the knob and just about every possible options on the amp. WoW I guess that there is a reason that all of the metal kids out there really love this amp. Its a 2 channel amp with Full 3 band EQ's for both channels and though the clean channel can get to and stay clean it sounds alot better to me where it is just at the point of breakup. The Metal tones I was able to achieve were epic, this thing is a Metal Monster! I must have one now.. there was a guy selling one for $275 on the local CL and I guess he needed some quick cash, there's another one also from CL who is selling his for $400.. So ive gotta make a decision as to weather I should go with the brand new one at the guitar shop for $599 but is under warentee and I can put it on layaway and pay $150 a week for a month or save up the $400 one that the local dude has. According to the guy selling the $400 combo they only issue is that the light up peavey logo on the amp doesn't work and while it doesn't seem like it would be an issue with any of the workings of the amp itself. Another thing would be the one at the guitar shop includes the Foot Switch and when i looked at them on ebay they were between $50 and $100 for the proper footswitch.. So im leaning towards the guitar shop either that or possibly when sweetwater sales guy calls me back maybe i can talk him down a little on the amp (one of the best things about sweetwater is the haggling over prices).
Wish me Luck
-Matt Page-

icon_datz.gif
icon_datz.gif
icon_datz.gif
icon_datz.gif
icon_datz.gif

Nope keeping the Trilogy and all four of the modules in my RM4 are staying no matter what... I guess i just have good luck as your right all the amplifiers that I play are Amazing...
-Matt Page-

Actually I tend to get some good tips from the guys at the shop "Northern Kingdom Music" they know what kind of music I play and always have suggestion's as to what gear I might wanna check out and today the elder sales guy pointed me to the 6505+.. He's the only guy who really speaks the truth about guitars and amps other than Rob.
-Matt Page-

Ive been looking at alot of clips of the 6505+ and am picking one up tomorrow... the 60 watt combo and it comes with a Sheffield 12" speaker, When I tried the amp out i did not get a chance to really test it out at a normal volume so i diddnt notice any of the fizzyness that ive heard talk of with these speakers? Anyone have any real world experience with this amp and speaker combo? Ive been advised to pop a V30 in there and since the V30 is my preferred speaker for everything i play Im just wondering if i should be ordering one of these...
-mp-

I had a 5150 back in the 90's, I loved that thing. I ended up selling it because I was moving around alot and thought that a 20w Marshall would satisfy my dwindling guitar needs... and it did for several years. (I ended up hooking it up to a 4x12)

Now thanks to you I'm looking at them on eBay... Thanks alot, :lol:

After spending an hour or so with the 6505+ and experimenting with various EQ's ive got the lead channel dialed in great.. very tight meaty gain. The Clean/Crunch channel has surprised me though, It can be dialed in for alot more tones than i expected. I figured it would have some type of clean but wouldnt take volume well and stay clean but it does and sounds sparkly with some of the great reverb on the amp. Also if you kick in the crunch and dial back the gain you can actually get a blues tone that is quite nice and not something i was expecting to find on this amp, The crunch with the gain dialed up around 1-2 oclock is very good as well. Could almost be considered a 3 channel amp as there is the clean channel and the lead channel but with the foot switch you can jump between the true channels but you can also engage the crunch on the clean channel for pseudo 3rd channel. Great amp!
-MP-

Latest posts