NEW CAB DAY: earcandy 2x8 (for metal?)

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LunatiBSW

Reaction score
Im a metal player at heart, and usually tend to play in that vein.
That being said I love thump and slice.
Which you usually need some volume to achieve.
I did some sluthing around the net and came
Accross earcandy.
I read alot of bad press about them, but I wound up texting the owner and he seemed honest enough. It seems he had some
Medical issues and is back now, but I didnt ask.
I told him I needed my cranked metal tones, but at lower volume floor, because of my new 8 week old son. ( he loves to watch me shred :) )
Tim suggested these jensen pro mod 8" speakers in the bailey (2x8) cab.
Came in today, it is awesome.
Simply awesome. I can get some badass tone at much lower db's.
It does exactly what i wanted it to, even better.
Sounds great with my JFM lynchbox also.
Got it in snakeskin with black diamond plate face. Super metal!!!
image_zpse9709725.jpg

I used to have two EarCandy buzzbomb 2x12 cabs, I've never heard anything so small sound so full....they were awesome. They were also heavy as hell, so they didn't stick around long at the time. I know so many people the owner of that company screwed over...you're a lucky man, sweet cab!

Would you recommend something like this over a 2x12? Would you use it for any live or recording application?

I'm still looking for something besides my 4x12. That would be easier to transport.

dsmetal14 said:
Would you recommend something like this over a 2x12? Would you use it for any live or recording application?

I'm still looking for something besides my 4x12. That would be easier to transport.

It has a ton of lowend period.
Not just for something you can hold in one hand easily.
Live would be easy through a PA.
Havent played it with drummer yet. I bet it could hang with a 50w head.
Recording would be awesome because it gets you cranked, full sound, and lower db's.
It has its place with my other gear... I have (2) other 2x12's and a 1x12, they all do different things great.
I got tired of 4x12's, and my 2x12's sound pretty **** close in filling a mix.