Randall Warhead Full Stack Questions

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dsmetal14

Reaction score
I have been playing through a Randall Warhead 4x12 for a while now and I really like it. Yesterday I bought the bottom Warhead 2x15. I cant figure out how to hook it up. I looked online and cant find the manual. I would like to hook them up the way they were intended.

I am trying to hook them up to my RM100
The 4x12 is 8ohms it has 2 full range inputs and 1 hi pass input.
The 2x12 has two inputs. It says nothing about ohms or anything.

Next question. My 4x12 is in a live in road case. If I stack them it will be like 7ft in the air. Would there be a disadvantage from setting them side by side?

One more question. Would the 2x15 work for a bass cab if I bought that Jaded Faith SVP module? Would it sound good?

Just take the back or front off (whichever is removable), and look to see the impedance rating on the speakers and how they are wired. This will answer all of you questions...

I play through 2-12" (Sometimes just 1) speakers usually (In separate cabinets). Just sayin' ;)

I have a 1x15 that I like a lot dsmetal. The size of the speaker isn't as important as you might think. You have to look at the design and intended use of the speaker. 15 doesn't mean it's a "Bass" speaker.

As far as the hookups, I'd go with the previous suggestion. Just take a look at how everything is wired. A good (not cheap) ohm meter is a good idea too... Also ohms on the meter are usually lower then what the speaker is rated at just a heads up.

suphuckers said:
I play through 2-12" (Sometimes just 1) speakers usually (In separate cabinets). Just sayin' ;)

I have a 1x15 that I like a lot dsmetal. The size of the speaker isn't as important as you might think. You have to look at the design and intended use of the speaker. 15 doesn't mean it's a "Bass" speaker.

As far as the hookups, I'd go with the previous suggestion. Just take a look at how everything is wired. A good (not cheap) ohm meter is a good idea too... Also ohms on the meter are usually lower then what the speaker is rated at just a heads up.

Yeah, you can do that too if you've got one. Just insert a speaker cable into the cabinet input, and measure resistance across the shaft & the tip. It won't be exact, and you'll see it fluctuate a bit, but it'll be close enough for you to determine the proper impedance.

Update for future Warhead cab users:

Checked the ohms with a muti-meter and determined it was 8ohms. Also called Randall customer service which was surprisingly helpful. They verified they are 8ohms from the factory and told me the proper way they were intended to be hooked up. The chain goes from the RM100 main out to left full range input on the Warhead 4x12 then from the 4x12 Hi Pass input to the 2x15. The RM100 will need to switched to 4ohms when running in full stack configuration this way.

Hope that helps the next guy.