Xpression/Midimate users...need connection help w/ RM100

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

trendkill1168

Reaction score
I just bought an Xpression and a Midimate for my effects. Was going to go with the G-Major but I've heard alot of good things about the Xpression and it was $100 bucks less so that was cool. My question is, and excuse my ignorance please, how do I need to hook the Midimate up to the RM100/Xpression so that I can program different effects to different preamp channels on the Randall?

Currently I have the Xpression in the series effects loop but I have never used anything MIDI so I'm not sure how to hook the Midimate up. Using a 7 pin MIDI cable do I hook the Midimate up to the MIDI in of the RM100 eliminating the 3 channel Randall footswitch or do I hook the Midimate into the Xpression Midi in and then run a 5 pin MIDI cable from the Xpression MIDI through/out to the Randall MIDI through? Or do I not need the 5 pin cable at all joining the Xpression to the head?

Run the 7 pin cable from the Xpression (my Multivavle has phantom power so I'm guessing the Xpression does too) to the midimate, make sure you plug the midimate's power (wall wart?) into the phantom power input on the xpression.

Run a 5 pin from the Xpression's midi thru/out to the RM100's midi In and program away.

This way you only have to run a long 7pin midi cable to your midimate.

I would suggest getting a 2 or 4 space rack for the Xpression and a power conditioner (Furman), you might be able to fit the midimate in the bottom of the rack if you go 4 space for transport.

Sounds like a cool rig.

Ok so 7 pin from Midimate to Xpression and then a 5 pin from the Xpression to the RM100. The Xpression does have a phantom power jack which is nice so I don't have to run a wall wart from the Midimate. And I also already have exactly what you recommended.....a SKB 4 space rack case, Furman M-8 power conditioner and a 482i sonic maximizer. Now the hard part's going to be how to program this **** thing LOL! Ya'll may be hearing from me again. Thanks Ned!