I need some advice real quick!

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Babykiller

Reaction score
so iv come to the realization of how much poor quality cables kill your sound. iv been working on getting my rig a bit more organized and setting everything up properly and so some time this week i'd like to go out and grab some good quality cables for hooking up my "pedal board" with. i cant afford anything super expensive but i need some advice on good cables at a cheap price.

Build your own. U can make a 15 foot cable with high end cable and connectors for less than 20 bucks that will destroy most pre-made cables that cost over 50 bucks.

droptrd said:
Build your own. U can make a 15 foot cable with high end cable and connectors for less than 20 bucks that will destroy most pre-made cables that cost over 50 bucks.

where would you suggest i get the cables and connectors for doing so? i know i've heard of a lot of people making their own cables, i was never too sure on how good they would be.

There are quite a few place online. I use fullcompass. I recomend the Gepco XB20 cable or the Canare GS6 cable. Then solder on some nice Switchcraft or Neutrik connectors and youll be rockin

i did exactally what droptd recomended. he's 100% right about what he's talking about.

bhuard75 said:
i did exactally what droptd recomended. he's 100% right about what he's talking about.

now i have to try it. four thumbs up is more than enough for me.

its well worth the money spent. i had bought a monster rock cable that cost 70 bucks that my dog kept bitting through. so i figured i would build my own so its not such a loss when she keeps doing it.

as good as the monster rock cables are better than a cheaper $20 cable. the gepco is twice as good as the monster, 1/3- 1/4 the price too.

Did you all order your Gepco cables direct from their site? If so, how much cable do you get for their minimum order requirements of $50?
Also, which specific Switchcraft plugs do you prefer? 483 or 485?

i bought 50' of the gepco xb20 for 32 bucks and 10 gold pin Neutrik NP2X-B connectors for 30 bucks. those were the deals through fullcompass.

Switchcraft vs Neutrik? I get whatever is on sale at the time. :)

When it comes to the right angle connectors - Switchcraft has it going on. Much better design than the Neutrik.

i cant give you a recomendation about comparisions on the connectors. these were the first cables i've made. maybe next time i need cables i'll try the switchcraft

go to target or walmart and buy first act cables. it's a great cable- 20 feet long and cost 8 bucks- I kid you not

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YtLpscEqyQ0