Speakers...

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

grunge782

Reaction score
Hey guys, I'm looking around at some different speakers. I've got a Randall with the 15 legend and a legend up top along with a g12t 75 i put in. I'm looking to save up for a Mills cab in the future.

What kind of speakers have you guys used for some good high gain stuff including x formations? I'll be using a recto based module and a Titan head through it.

Vintage 30s are great for high gain. If you don't like celestion speakers you could try scumbacks. My friend has a bogner 4x12 with 2x M75 and 2x H75 in a X layout and his Ecstasy sounds awesome.

I have Eminence Legend V128s in my Vader (stock) and they're awesome, but I want a bit more breakup and I'm thinking of swapping them for Private Jacks (50 watt Greenback clones), as I've heard a lot of clips involving Greenbacks and like what I hear.

tehuk said:
Vintage 30s are great for high gain. If you don't like celestion speakers you could try scumbacks. My friend has a bogner 4x12 with 2x M75 and 2x H75 in a X layout and his Ecstasy sounds awesome.

I haven't really heard much of scumbacks. How would you describe them?

Clear and thick lows, sweet highs, crisp but not shrill. They have a sparkle and clarity for cleans yet warm with overdrive. They are $50 bucks more than celestions though, but if you got the cash go for it.

Try the V30/H30 X pattern. Also I met a guy last month that was running a 1960B with emi Private Jack/Swamp Thang X pattern and that sound good too