Hughes and Kettner Switchblade

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

harsh

Reaction score
Has anyone owned / used one? What are your opinions?

Might get a good deal on a stack, so just wondering if it's a good amp. Youtube vids dont really help.

Bump.

I'm also dying to hear some real world feedback on this amp. Most of the youtube clips I've heard sounded very promising, but they're often at bedroom volume and the real test of an amp is in a band situation at gig volumes.

Anyone? :?:

To harsh:

I just noticed in another thread that you're in a modern metal band. IMO, you really should be looking at the H & K Coreblade, not the Switchblade.

The Coreblade is H & K's new, metalized version of the Switchblade. While the Switchblade appears to be voiced for classic rock/hard rock, the Coreblade is voiced more for metal. It has all of the functional features of the Switchblade, plus a few extra (such as a built in noise gate and USB stick storage capability for your presets - these are brilliant additions to the basic Switchblade design).

http://www.coreblade.net/home.html

Thanks goldsparkletop. Coreblade sounds good, but I probably wounldnt look at one. Its just that someone's selling off the Switchblade for a very low price (leaving the country or something). Just considered it as a backup coz of the price factor.

Many thanks anyway.

It's a good amp and sounds more like a Marshall than a H&K. Make sure the footswitch works. It need the H&K footswitch for you to store your settings. That's the only downside of the amp. I played one. I think they sound great, but then I like Marshall/Soldano type sounds. I hate Mesa DR type sound unless someone has EQ'd out that ice pick.

Queensryche used them for a while, probably still do. I've hear nothing but great things about the tone, but I have heard that (as Julia mentioned), sometimes the footswitch is unreliable. I would assume that the newer ones made in the past couple of years might be more reliable than the ones that first came out though (sounds familiar :lol: )

A friend of mine in another band sold his soldano to me and went with the switchblade, it sounded awesome, I thought it got great newer tones as well! JMO

bump!
I am wondering about the Switchblade 50 watt combo. Any advice on these????

I love my rm4 but it takes 5 trips to the car and 15 mins to set it up. I do some gigs wher the rm4 is just nor practical.

Any additional comments on ANY of the switchblade amps is helpful..
PLEASE SHARE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GtrGeorge