Is it me or do Tc Electronics products SUCK...?

Discuss other gear: guitars, amps, FX

Moderators: guitarguy510, ned

GtrGeorge!
Lynch Box

Is it me or do Tc Electronics products SUCK...?

Post by GtrGeorge! » Thu Mar 18, 2010 11:01 pm

I ve owned a G major and a Voice works..had em for not to long..both needed repairs so far..BOTH!
If you have owned their rack stuff..do you find its ALWAYS breaking down..or do I have just bad luck?
PS: was their service/support dept. of any help to you?

kylendm
Lynch Box

Post by kylendm » Fri Mar 19, 2010 4:31 am

Well i've had my G-Major 2 for about a year, maybe 30+ gigs. Nothing wrong so far haha.
Randall RM4
JF Cali-Lead/Dzilla
Salvation Baseman
Fryette 2/50/2

Mister Joshua
RM100

Post by Mister Joshua » Fri Mar 19, 2010 8:40 am

I use and have used a lot of TC Electronics stuff and never had a problem. You may have gotten two lemons in a row. As for their tech department i've never called them. I'd be interested to know how helpful they are in case i ever need them.
Peace, Joshua

Goldfish
RM100

Post by Goldfish » Fri Mar 19, 2010 8:57 am

TC's stuff is usually very high caliber. Haven't used the G major, but I'd be very surprised if they released a lemon with that one.
Good deals: lhrocker/dirtdog/buriedorburned/DracoAran/randall3/Rossness/bj4rd/ssrdude/c2ply/Katash/Galao
RM100/RM50 (Deluxe/SL/Plexi/Blackface/TopBoost/Brahm/SuperV/Loneclean/HBE)
2203/2204/Bassman/GH100L/Recto 4x12/Zilla 2x12/Laney 4x12

wengnutt
RM100

Post by wengnutt » Fri Mar 19, 2010 10:19 am

I've had a G-Major for around 5 years, and all the reliability problems I've heard about it ring true for me. It's frozen up, one of the outer ring knobs has fallen off numerous times, the buttons on the front interface are flimsy, it has the tendency to freeze, then change settings. It really makes this unit a PITA.

On that note though, I LOVE the sounds I can get from it. Maybe they fixed all the problems it had by producing the G-Major 2?
Good deals with: Kermit, MatrixClaw, Toddfan, jj2k123, bj4rd, Voodoo, veets987, Stillgar, roszatycki, Jaded Faith, Ampoholic, rhequiem, Cold Machine, chickenspank, guitarprof, JayDA.

lennyx
RM20

Post by lennyx » Sun Jun 27, 2010 8:14 pm

g force , i had them and all were rock solid

GtrGeorge!
Lynch Box

update

Post by GtrGeorge! » Tue Jun 29, 2010 10:45 pm

I have now owned more of their stuff and used it even longer,,,
so far I feel some of their stuff is made cheaply and some of it well.
The service dept is good,but over worked...it takes like 2 months to get your gear fixed and back to you, Nice popel but they fix Tannoy and alot of other brands..so they must be swamped. But nice and helpful, otherwise.
I think the problem is Tc farms out production of some stuff to some really flimsy companies from time to time..my Voice works harmonizer was really flimsy, and so was its replacement...knobs felt so weak.
But...other stuff they do is wellmade.

droptrd
RM100

Post by droptrd » Fri Aug 20, 2010 7:20 am

Hmmm.... i think its you :lol:

I have a few pieces that ive had forever. no problems
"Gimme some sugar Baby"

Nigel T.
RM50

Post by Nigel T. » Mon Aug 23, 2010 3:29 am

:shock: Shock! Gasp! :shock:

I love TC Electronic! Never had it fail on me. I use a Nova System in my effects loop, a PolyTune so I don't p1ss off the audience and even my acoustic goes through a G-Natural.

To me the brand TC Electronic means I can sorta buy it without listening to it.
RM-4 (Deluxe, Top Boost, Plexi, 1086)

Cadavuh
RM20

Post by Cadavuh » Sat Aug 28, 2010 6:07 am

Yea this is strange. I used a G maj 1 for the longest time and nothing ever went wrong. I also lost a knob once and contacted customer service about it. They replaced it right away! Sent me a new knob at no charge!

Mattfig
Donating Member

Post by Mattfig » Sat Aug 28, 2010 7:39 am

I LOVE TC stuff....Always has been good to me both reliably and tone-wise...Plus, I dare anyone to beat their Polytune product for stage tuning...All 6 strings at once...!!!...
Matt Fig -
MotorCity Mods
www.motorcitymods.com

Kemper Profiles -
www.mattfig.com

GtrGeorge!
Lynch Box

Tc inconsistancy...

Post by GtrGeorge! » Mon Aug 30, 2010 9:03 pm

"I've had a G-Major for around 5 years, and all the reliability problems I've heard about it ring true for me" said wengnutt

..... and Ive seen many other posts like that on the internet.
And Ive even seen posts like that over at the TC helicon forum.
I think its obvious...Tc electronics has some inconsistant products.
Some good..some not so good.
But (and I dont know if all of you understood me on this point) there service dept is quite good..but over worked (could it be from all of the units coming in? The original G major seems like a particularly frail unit.)..but they do get it done..just takes 1-2 months.
Nuff said. You are all on your own.

GtrGeorge!
Lynch Box

After still more gigs I STILL insist:I

Post by GtrGeorge! » Sun Sep 12, 2010 8:29 pm

After still more gigs I STILL insist:I

have now owned more of their stuff and used it even longer,,,
so far I feel some of their stuff is made cheaply and some of it well.
The service dept is good,but over worked...it takes like 2 months to get your gear fixed and back to you, Nice popel but they fix Tannoy and alot of other brands..so they must be swamped. But nice and helpful, otherwise.
I think the problem is Tc farms out production of some stuff to some really flimsy companies from time to time..my Voice works harmonizer was really flimsy, and so was its replacement...knobs felt so weak.
But...other stuff they do is wellmade.
GtrGeorge

Daryl
Lynch Box

Post by Daryl » Thu Oct 07, 2010 5:00 am

Their delays and effects algorithms are really good quality. They are also very transparent and allow your amps character to shine through heavy processing. Some of the stuff could benefit from better build quality, but I guess they sacrifice that to create a more attractive price point. :twisted: :shock: :twisted:
?The true sign of intelligence is not knowledge but imagination.?-Albert Einstein

studio289
Donating Member

Post by studio289 » Fri Oct 22, 2010 9:32 pm

Last edited by studio289 on Fri Jan 28, 2011 1:51 am, edited 1 time in total.