Randall Support

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

laxcdn

Reaction score
I contacted Randall US and they had me contact a Canadian distributor. I have a module that is missing one screw that secures the module in and asked to see how much to replace one. This is what I got back from the Cdn distrib.

"Hi Mike,

Thank you for your patience till I got back to you. I just received news back from our purchasing department and I regret to inform you that we do not have stock at the moment for the Randall MTS screws P/N E605000, please allow about 4 - 6 wks for delivery on date of order. Your cost per unit is $8.62/ea. + $10.00 Administration Fees + $9.95 Shipping Fees.

If you wish to place an order, we would kindly require your daytime mailing address w/phone number (please no P.O. boxes) via e-mail or fax and credit card information via e-mail, fax or phone. We accept Visa, MasterCard and American Express."

I have now contacted Randall US and asked if there is any other way to get them and if they are a custom part or something I can get at a hardware store. $30 bucks for 1 screw, wow.

Try to avoid distributers for parts.. I've had this experience a few times, they pile on the price and then subsequently take 5 years to get a simple order done.
They don't seem to see that their support directly affects the buyers view of the product/producer.

Why not ask Randall USA to mail them for free to someone in the US, and they can stick em in an envelope to Canada.
I bet a forumite can help you out ;)

Mojo, I did that just before I posted here. I asked how much they were and if I can get a relative to order one and ship to them and they would ship to me. I don't have a relative there, but I do have friends in Minn. I will let you know what they say.

This is what Ryan said, before I asked.

Hi Mike,

"I?m sorry to hear it. I unfortunately can?t really ship it over the border either- the charges through customs are around the same. If you have one already, you certainly could try to match one up at a hardware store- I can?t imagine it being that different.

Thanks, and best regards"

Hmm, sounds like he doesn't really know what screw you're talking about..
You won't find those screws in any hardware store.. they're waay too specialized for the application..

Keep us posted, this is important info to have for outside-USA Randall customers ;)

rhequiem said:
America - FU@K YEAH!! Here we come sending some muthaf@#ing free screws !!!

Everybody writes it, but I really did LoL :lol:
Tragic comedy! Time to screw our neighbors

Ryan at US Music Corp said this:

"The price to buy and ship within the United States would be around $10.00.

Thanks, "

Crankyrayhanky, can you tell me who you contacted to get the free screws?

I didn't get the name, but I just called 2 days ago.
I have lots of mts gear- lots- but the only new product I've ever bought is an rm20 a year ago. I've bought dozens of modules, upgrades, amps all used, mostly on this forum. I say this because it's not like the guy saw my name, looked it up and saw that I was a great customer. In fact, he didn't even have my name when he offered the free shipping.

Too bad they didn't release new modules, no doubt I would have bought a new Ultra Curve and an Ian module. I also would be all over an rm1200

I see requests for those screws come through here on a fairly routine basis. I need some myself but have just been putting it off because I've not worked myself up into selling the modules that I need the screws for.

Perhaps RD/Rich or RD/Steve can get an f-ton of those screws and charge $0.50 apiece plus shipping or whatever. I'd think if they can get and sell us those old/odd Randall faceplates, they ought to be able to get those screws!

You'd also think that it would make sense that the module carrying case that Randall used to sell would come with a pack of spare module screws with it?

Maybe Bruce E. or Hilly can tell us how to get a hold of them?

For such a simple problem, it's amazing how we are unable to solve it!

You'd think that the module carrying cases that Randall used to sell would come with a pack of spare module screws with it

The bag that's been out of stock for at tleast the 2+ years I've been here?
Seriously, how hard can it be to manufacture a mod case that is in demand?!
Now I see the entire Randall store is "temporarily closed"
That can't be good

crankyrayhanky said:
The bag that's been out of stock for at least the 2+ years I've been here?
That can't be good
I know. It's gobsmacking. If someone on this forum works at a fabric or luggage production facility and can convince me I'd actually get the bag back in good condition, I'd be willing to loan out one of my module carrying bags for replicas to be made and sold.

What's the worst Randall could do, threaten to sue? As long as "Randall" isn't stitched on the outside, I don't think there could be any grounds.

crankyrayhanky said:
That can't be good

No kidding. I'd like to have one of those bags, but I'm not holding my breath.

As for the store being "temporarily closed", perhaps they are just revamping the site, and creating a more attractive and functional place to shop for things they don't have.

lolthrash said:
randall seems to be a fairly dodgy company :?
Well that's what they act like since the "buyout" or whatever it's called..

Before that the Randall guys where actually on the forum here helping people out with this stuff, I havent seen any of them for months now..
It's a **** disgrace and honestly I think it's an insult to their customers.

crankyrayhanky said:
That can't be good

Indeed, wow...

Zander said:
I know. It's gobmacking. If someone on this forum works at a fabric or luggage production facility and can convince me I'd actually get the bag back in good condition, I'd be willing to loan out one of my module carrying bags for replicas to be made and sold.

What's the worst Randall could do, threaten to sue? As long as "Randall" isn't stitched on the outside, I don't think there could be any grounds.

It's a great idea and nothing would happen to the seller. Independent makers seem to be coming up with all sorts of aftermarket replacements these days, simply filling a market need. Randall would have neither time nor resources to start coming after every guy like that.

Goldfish said:
Independent makers seem to be coming up with all sorts of aftermarket replacements these days, simply filling a market need. Randall would have neither time nor resources to start coming after every guy like that.
LOL, I know. They can't even find the resources to build and sell RM4's or get those 5 new modules out. :twisted:

Randall has been dropping the ball for the last year or two, but I can understand why their reps no longer appear here. If you saw the abuse some posters gave them over really insignificant issues you would probably agree.

Having said that, it would be nice to get an update even if they just put up one detailed post.

Latest posts