RM100 Weight

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
really crazy heavy! I took it out on a gig, everyone commented on how great it sounded. I said that's nice cuz you NEVER going to see it again unless you're willing to carry it. It lives in my studio

In that case, how much would a RM100 combo weight then, over 100 lbs easy? How about the RM50?
It seems like the only way to go is buy the head and run a 2X12 to cut donw the weight, at least the overall weight is divided into 2 parts.
T.

+3 on the super heavy, thats the only downer about this head, and is also why the particle board case breaks down after using the top handle too much. Its worth it tho!

tung said:
How about the RM50?

I'm guessing my RM50B combo (new version with reverb and removeable back panel) weighs around 60 pounds. I switched the factory Celestion G12T-75 for a Hellatone 60 (Vintage 30), so that added even more weight.

Chad said:
tung said:
How about the RM50?

I'm guessing my RM50B combo (new version with reverb and removeable back panel) weighs around 60 pounds. I switched the factory Celestion G12T-75 for a Hellatone 60 (Vintage 30), so that added even more weight.
60 lbs is not bad at all. I know that Ty Tabor prefers Vintage 30s over the others. How do you like the tone? Supposed to have a tighter better bottom end than the G12T-75? I had a Rivera with the 75, didn't like them for high gain at all, but they cut a nice mids and punchy for clean.
Does your RM50 pushing enough headroom/air for running these modules at high gain or clean Fender -type headroom?
T.