Randall MTS RM100 great for football scores, news & traf

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

konstantine RK

Reaction score
plugged in my Randall RM100 and I had to put my tuner on to stop the INSANELY LOUD local news and traffic coming through it.

RF interference is always a welcome sound when you are auditioning ppl.

Switched the output tubes and the RF signal is much lower now at practice.. Im bringing the Roadking out to practice to see if a power conditioning will solve this problem.

kon

I was picking up local ham radio interferance a while back... sounded like russian calling out secret codes or something :) anyways it was not my amp it was my delay that went insane on me... even when switched off the dlay was still in the signal path however it was inaudible till switched on and once 2-3 minutes passed had gone into oscillation rendering the delay usless and somehow a reciever for local ham radio!

I suspected it was something in the signal path..We have a local radio station here that comes through loud and clear on all older Marshall amps if you use cheap guitar cords of a certain length

thanks ... The RM100 going in for some warranty fixes and I will ask about that link you posted....

Im no electronics guy but I hope the service center will make it a part of the fix..

lol this was three days before I was to drop off the RM100.. it is still in the shop and I actually forgot about this problem!

I use mogami cables with G&L's in my pedals... Monster cables for my loop so I don't think the scores and news came through because of them. I did replace the output tubes and that helped a lot... But soon after the volume dropped out completley

did you try plugging guitar straight to the amp only, i had the same problem and tuned out to be a high cable i bought