what power amp do you use with the RM4?

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

feefop

Reaction score
I'm using an old mesa 50/50 with 6L6 tubes. It sounds good, but I'm thinking of upgrading. What power amps go great with the modules?
tx

I really do like the RT 2/50. Not only with the modular stuff either. It's sounded excellent with every preamp I have run through it. Factor in the versatility and it's a no brainer.

Agreed on the RT2/50...It's everything in a power amp I've wanted so far...Like Rob said, it sounds great with everything, not just MTS...But whoa, couple it with MTS and unleash it's true power!

I simply LOVE mine...

I just picked up a Mesa 20/20 and it works really well with the MTS modules. You get to push those power tubes pretty hot so it sounds sweet. The clean tones are super good. The dirties are crunchy and punchy. Plenty of power for most clubs. Sound men don't like you getting all uppity with the volume. Plus I have a 4 space rack the has my R4, Gmajor, and the 20/20. Pretty good for smaller club gigs. All I have to plug in is a speaker cabinet and my guitar. Easy to set up and tear down.

i'm using a Rectifier 2:100 and I'm liking it a lot. I like it a lot better than my 2:95, RM100, and Hafler G150. but that's just me...

I have a little 10w power amp with a single 5881 valve, custom built by MJW Amplification here in the UK.

It's perfect for home use - loud enough that I can rattle the window frames if I want, but quiet enough that I can still sound like I'm playing through a valve amp after the kids are in bed.

Goldstar-Power-Amp-2.jpg

I tried a peavey tube power amp initally and thought the rm4 was just ok...but once it was coupled to a Rt2/50..only then did I say..oh yeah!!!
Its worth hearing the proper power amp hooked up to the rm4 (imho)..the only other I would consider is a mesa boogie or a marshall tube power amp. And those are based on posts here..I havent heard them personally..i didnt need to..I heard the Rt2/50 and was real happy.
GtrGeorge..a tone fanatic

I currently use a mesa 2:50 and it sounds really good. I however toy with the idea of getting an RT2/50 for the added versatiity of the density and presence control. The Mesa only has a presence control which is pretty useless as it is not progressive at all.

I run my M4 into an RT2/50. Its tone and all the great features make me totall happy. Thanks Bruce for this great design!

I'm using a Mesa/Boogie Simul 395 All Tube Stereo Power Amp.
It makes the MTS shine!!

Here is a link to a great description of the amp...
http://tubefreak.com/tubefreak.html

Good Luck finding one.

Latest posts