rm100 main fan changing

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RUDDY

Reaction score
well, i find the main fan of the rm 100 to be really noisy and since it appears to be a basic computer fan, i was thinking about changing it for a really silent one.

i know i should be carefull with those kind of modifications, so i'm asking, is there something specific about this fan (size, power, etc...) that i should be aware of.

The fan on my amp is super quiet, I have read some other users have noisy fans. I guess I am just lucky.
The fan size is 80mm. You may wanna check out the antec computer case fans, they have ones that have a 3 position switch to change the speed/noise of the fan. The switch is inline with the wires and the have a blue led light witch will light your amp up.

i just put a 50 or 75 ohm R in series with it (i forget which...). It slowed it down enough to make it quiet, and it still moves plenty of air. My professional SWAG is that the fan moves way more air than required. The point of the fan if to cool the heatsinks on the modules (for the most part). The heatsinks are never very hot to the touch which means they are getting tons more cooling than required.