RM50B Volume Boost Jack?

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Scooter

Reaction score
On the back panel of my new RM50B, there is a 1/4" jack labeled "Volume Boost" and "See Manual". The manual doesn't say anything about it. :roll:

Do I need another RF1 to activate a typical solo boost, or is this a place to hook up a volume pedal?

Scooter said:
On the back panel of my new RM50B, there is a 1/4" jack labeled "Volume Boost" and "See Manual". The manual doesn't say anything about it. :roll:

Do I need another RF1 to activate a typical solo boost, or is this a place to hook up a volume pedal?

You can hook a volume pedal up to it (just the output I believe) and it'll take you from your current master volume with the pedal all the way down to a boosted level all the way up.

Works best with something like the Ernie Ball pedals. I don't remember all the details. . .I posted the facts on the old forum and it's gone.

I take that back. Using the single button footswitch, the volume boost is too extreme. It's NOT a typical solo boost, it doubles the volume!

Guess I need to check out an Ernie Ball pedal after all.

It always seemed to me that the single button foot swich made it a volume max-out rather than a volume boost. If you're already running pretty close to max volume then it works like a volume boost. But if your running the volume down low then its way too much

OK, now I've got it. The switch does indeed max out the master volume. It does not effect the individual preamps' volume. So, you can set the master volume at around 2:00-3:00 and adjust the overall volume via the preamp. Then, when you hit the switch, it provides a good volume boost.

Perfect! :D