RA412CS Cab

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A

Anonymous

I noticed that these cabs are supposed to be made for the MTS series. Wonder what the difference is between this cab and the rest of the upper end Randall cabs like the XL series. I have the XXL and it runs (4) vintage 30's.

I think a lot of us have been wondering that...the MTS cabs and XL cabs appear to have the same dimensions, materials, speakers (V30s in most cases), stereo/mic eliminator jacks.

It doesn't look to me that there is any difference at all. Is Randall charging more for the MTS cabs?

BTW, I have a slanted XL cab with cloth grill.

I have the slightly older MTS cab that matches the RM100-S, as well as one of the newer RS125CX (think that model number is right?) cabs right now. I can't compare to the XL cabs since I don't have one of them, but I can say I like the MTS cabs a lot. The 2x12 sounds much bigger than it is (although I must say they are oversized, much bigger than most 2x12 cabs IMO) and the RS125CX sounds HUGE! I use it for my Drop C stuff with my H-1000 (dual EMG-81s) AND with my PRS CE-24 tuned to standard and drop D and it sounds great with either tuning! I like Randall cabs a lot, they seem to be highly underrated (although they are kinda pricey). I'd like to try out an XL cab side by side with my MTS to see what the difference (if any) there is. Hope that helps.