Power adapter or batteries for footswitch RM22?

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

heyMikey

Reaction score
I noticed the footswitch that came with my RM22 has a plug for a power adapter that did not come with the rig. Does this pedal take an adapter or batteries to operate?

Thanks,

Mike

The footswitch is powered by phantom power. Just use a 7 pin midi cable (comes with the amp) to connect it and it will get its power from the amp.

The footswitch has the additional power plug as a back up option incase something fails in the amp and it cannot power the footswitch. I have read a lot about the midi board in the amp blowing fuses. Never had the problem myself.

Thanks for the response guys. Someone on another forum siad that his RM22 would channel switch without power but he boost button would not work. He was assuming it took power to operate the boost.

I hope to finally get some time this weekend to test mine out!

I think the boost buttons not working is a common defect in the amp. Randall sent me 3 RM22s before I had one that worked right.

Apparently no one checks these things before they leave the factory.

Odd... I have an RM22 and the stock footswitch does require power for either channel select or boost... wondering if you've got the wrong cable running between the two?

--B

It turns out that the footswitch changes channels and operates the boost (slight hesitation in boost) fine without any additional power.

The jack is labeled with a range of 9V to 12V or something similar (I'm not looking at it) Hmmm, could this be to power another accessory or pedal of some sort.

Latest posts