RM50 with JJ6v6?

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Anomaly

Reaction score
Apologies for another 6V6 question :lol:
Anyone here running there RM50's with JJ6v6's? I heard they have less bass/headroom compared with 6L6's? Is it safe to use JJ6v6 with RM50 in the long run? It's not listed on RM50's manual but it's on Eggy MOD50's.. Thought about using it for low volume home use for my RM50 & Avatar 2x12 V30's cab.. Appreciate any inputs!

I think that as long as you have a set that can handle the Randall's plate voltage, all will be fine.
I believe I have read that the JJs are some of the most robust new production 6v6s so it may work.

I have tried them in a rm50. Pretty sure you set the bias to around 22 but it's. been awhile since I did it so make sure that's correct. As far as I know jj are the only ones you can use. I did not like them but you might. Took to much zing out of the Marshall mods for me.

The JJ 6v6s are supposed to be strong enough to handle the voltage of an RM50. I have read about lots of people using them on here.

You will probably not get enough of a volume drop for home use and you will notice a difference in the tone. You may or may not like it.

jayd41 said:
I think that as long as you have a set that can handle the Randall's plate voltage, all will be fine.
I believe I have read that the JJs are some of the most robust new production 6v6s so it may work.

JJ's can handle plate voltage of 440 volts according to tube websites.

Mike361 said:
I have tried them in a rm50. Pretty sure you set the bias to around 22 but it's. been awhile since I did it so make sure that's correct. As far as I know jj are the only ones you can use. I did not like them but you might. Took to much zing out of the Marshall mods for me.

Yup, 18-22mV listed on the manual.

JJ/Tesla are the only 6V6 that can handle the plate voltage of Randall/Egnater.
To me 6V6 sounds like a Marshall poweramp pushed into overdrive.
Good at home, but in rockband less attack, less dynamics, less volume.

The RM 50 plate voltage runs between 515 and 525 volts. If JJ 'S are rated for 440???? Don't know .. I have tried them in mine and really didn't care for their tone...
KT66 AND KT77 's are another story. THEY sound amazing