Kirk Hammett head and modules coming

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Caine

Reaction score
I was just informed by a Randall rep that I have fairly regular contact with that Kirk was just signed for a mts head and module deal. He is said to be really digging the brown module so perhaps there will be a classic as well as modern modules. I've never really thought of Kirk as a virtuoso guitar player--not like Lynch, nor as having the ear for tone like Lynch. Nonetheless, I think it's cool and I'm really looking forward to seeing/hearing what the modules turn out like--if I'm still alive when they come out (LOL). I think Randall has worked out some of the bugs in their production system so hopefully, once the modules are finalized it won't take so long for them to hit the selves.

I am a bit of a Metallica fan so I think this is cool news.

It will also bring the MTS line to the masses

I agree with caine as i feel the same way but overal this will be a very cool thing for Randall and MTS owners.

Khing

Kirk is cool. More as a human being than as a guitar hero. Granted, anyone who can stand 20 years of Hetfield and Ulrich abuse deserves a medal :D

It's cool to see more and more pros using the MTS amps but it's true that Kirk's endorsement is not as "obvious" as Lynch's. Hetfield, Lynch and many other guitar players have got a strong tone signature so a dedicated module makes total sense. In Kirk's case, I can't associate him with a particular guitar tone. And if he goes for a brownish module, the Metallica fan that will want the Black Album tone will be disapointed.

Cool news tough, I'm really curious to see how it turns out. Any new module for the MTS line is good news as it gives us more choice.

disasterxpieces said:
I'll believe this when someone like Ned, says it's true.

I said it's true because it is and I wouldn't have posted it if it wasn't. I was told by a rep from Randall/US Music Co and he said it was okay to pass that info along if I wanted. After he first told me, I asked if it was o.k. to post that info--because he told me a lot of other things that are in the works that he didn't want me to talk about, at least not yet. Excerpts From the emails I received:

"I always try to keep in mind that anything I say to anybody in an email might find it?s way out -like the fact that we just signed up Kirk Hammett and we will be doing a signature head and modules for him..."

"As far as Kirk Hammet goes, feel free to mention it..."

"I think we are going to do a clean module and then a classic and modern Metallica module along w/ a head like the Lynch Box..."

"I know that Kirk has been digging our Brown module. All of the amp info is pretty preliminary since we JUST got him on board last week..."

I believe you, I suppose I was just sceptical at first seems like one of those things thats too good to be true. I'll for sure buy his module.

Caine said:
disasterxpieces said:
I'll believe this when someone like Ned, says it's true.

I said it's true because it is and I wouldn't have posted it if it wasn't. I was told by a rep from Randall/US Music Co and he said it was okay to pass that info along if I wanted. After he first told me, I asked if it was o.k. to post that info. Excerpts From the emails I received:

"I always try to keep in mind that anything I say to anybody in an email might find it?s way out -like the fact that we just signed up Kirk Hammett and we will be doing a signature head and modules for him..."

"As far as Kirk Hammet goes, feel free to mention it..."

"I think we are going to do a clean module and then a classic and modern Metallica module along w/ a head like the Lynch Box..."

"I know that Kirk has been digging our Brown module. All of the amp info is pretty preliminary since we JUST got him on board last week..."

I was reading back and theres an old thread that shows him using an RM100M live but thats a really old thread.

Caine, relax dude. You don't have to get all defensive if there are some skeptics on the board. The reaon behind that is we were promised the Lynch stuff and most of it got delayed over 12 months. People can remain skeptical until it is published on the website and the dates are actually concrete for release. Until then, what you are saying is strictly rumor.

P.S. I heard about Hammett being in the Randall camp a while ago from a Rep a while back so this isn't really current news. As Disaster said, there was an old thread where he was talking with Randall and using the MTS stuff onstage already and that was months ago. :wink:

This is great news. Kirk is very high profile and more people will know about MTS gear. Im worried about how the module will sound. The last album they produced sounded bad.

Well, my point is that Hammett was just signed last week--so that is current news and not just speculation from things that happened before. I know that Randall is also in the process of trying to bring some other endorsees on board but I'm not posting any of that info since there are still things up in the air--just like there was with Hammett until last week.

I'm somewhat new to this forum but I can assure you that I'm not some 12 year old punk that is spreading bs on the web. And if it turns out that this forum is like some other forums--like the blabbermouth forum for example, where you have people who don't have mutual respect and appreciation for other forum members, then I'll just keep what I find out to myself or else I'll post it on other forums where you don't have that type of nonsense. I'm, in good faith, doing what I thought was helpful to people who might be interested and who would appreciate current, factual information.

As for the Lynch modules, I've posted on another thread what's been going on with the last two--and the store that I ordered mine from almost a year ago called me to confirm my CC# for those modules. They should be hitting the stores, for real this time, within the next few weeks or month or so. Randall has worked hard to solve problems with the manufacturing process--has relocated the process; and to ensure that the modules are both available and that they are of good quality. They have made significant progress and I would imagine that, so long a Kirk is available and timely on his part, that it will not take as long as it did for the Lynch modules for his stuff to hit the selves.

It says on Wikipedia http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kirk_Hammett#Amplifiers

Under amps that Kirk uses Randall RM100M :D I've already seen the pics of him using one but for it to be on his official equipment list is KOOL...since this is also my amp lol

kirkrandall5azkh1.jpg

My Randall rep also mentioned this a few weeks ago but I didnt want to say anything.
As I have allready said I am very happy about the prospects of the new amp.

MetalMajik said:
The real question is which will take longer. The Hammet signature head & modules, or the next Metallica album?

We could also ask; which will take longer....The Hammett modules or the last two Lynch modules...

I for one appreciate the news from Caine; it gives a slight glimmer of hope since Randall has dropped the ball in open communication about what's going on.

I'd be happy to keep their website up to date for them since they can't seem to do it.

While the Lynch Grail module does a great Mesa Recto tone; bringing Kirk into the mix may expand on that since a lot of the Metallica stuff relied on Boogies for tone.

While I've had a million different preamps, that Recto tone was always something that only a Boogie seemed to be able to do...until the Grail.

jimosity said:
While I've had a million different preamps, that Recto tone was always something that only a Boogie seemed to be able to do...until the Grail.

Or the E'rect module... :wink: