The flawed Egnater modules are gone but>>!!!!>

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bruce egnater

Reaction score
Well, all the ?flawed? old style modules are gone. These were the ones without voicing or ?single/dual toggle switches. Since we still have guys/girls on the list who wanted stuff, here is what we are going to do. We ordered parts to build a bunch of new, ?old style? dual channel modules (no voicing or single/dual toggle switches). These will sell for $275 (+$10 for shipping in the US) and be available around mid January. They are already going fast so, if you want in, please email me at [email protected] to get on the wait list. Send no money until near the ship date but you do need to get in line. We will also have the newer version (which we have never stopped making) with voicing and single/dual toggles available at that time. All will be dual channel models. We do not make the single channel ones. Once on the list, we will notify a few days before they are ready to confirm.
[email protected]

Bruce, how about some info on the new modular stuff that was supposed to come out?

If it's not happening that's ok, I bet you have your reasons, but just letting it fade away after such promises kinda sucks. This system could rule the world of amplification, now you're losing ground to things like the MI SmartAmp..

m0jo said:
Bruce, how about some info on the new modular stuff that was supposed to come out?

If it's not happening that's ok, I bet you have your reasons, but just letting it fade away after such promises kinda sucks. This system could rule the world of amplification, now you're losing ground to things like the MI SmartAmp..

Hmmm... I don't see Bruce letting the MTS fade. he is still offering handmade mods and modular heads just not mass producing them and probably not selling as much as he used to. thank God for the modders and Bruce...they still support the line. Randall has abandoned us and without mass production there is no marketing or advertising for the product. I do get your point Mojo....it would be awesome to see in newly launched Egnater mts line. I've had so many amps over the years tone chasing and feel this one has so much potential if developed and marketed properly.

rblyn said:
m0jo said:

Hmmm... I don't see Bruce letting the MTS fade. he is still offering handmade mods and modular heads just not mass producing them and probably not selling as much as he used to. thank God for the modders and Bruce...they still support the line. Randall has abandoned us and without mass production there is no marketing or advertising for the product. I do get your point Mojo....it would be awesome to see in newly launched Egnater mts line. I've had so many amps over the years tone chasing and feel this one has so much potential if developed and marketed properly.
Building 10 mods in a year time is not really keeping the stuff in the forefront is it ... that's just keeping it barely alive. Also it's not about that, it's the fact that he was very close to being right there in front with the other big amp makers. The E2 was all over the web .. and then it became vaporware. Then later on again big promises of a 1U poweramp and other undisclosed new amps and overseas produced modules ... again a lot of waiting and nothing. It just completely breaks my spirit.

Personally I've moved on. I'm glad with my amp, it rocks with Anthony's mods, but it doesn't feel like something I should invest in much anymore.. Unless some new stuff comes out it's just a waiting game untill stuff breaks and I can't get it serviced anymore. You are absolutely correct, a new amp line with good* marketing would absolutely blow a lot of stuff away and make Bruce a rich man and the amp world a lot more varied. I just can't get my head around it.

*By good marketing I mean get into the public eye, make promises and keep them, offer new exciting features, work with social media and guys like Ola Englund to get the stuff embedded into peoples brains.. It's not rocket science, just get rid of masks like Joe Delaney and find a guy that can talk well, is good with the internet and loves your stuff. The trick is to be enthousiastic, share your developments a little and then blow people away with the stuff you bring out .. Bruce can do this, but somehow it keeps ending in a let down.

I'm sorry Bruce, it's not a personal attack, I really admire your skill and running a business is not easypeasy. It just really gets under my skin when oppertunities for a revolution are wasted like that...

I'm guessing here but I would imagine that re-introducing the modular line on a mass scale would entail production being done at the same facilities in China that the GC line is manufactured. That may have been and may still be in consideration but with the high amount of quality control issues that line has experienced it would be wise to resolve those issues before releasing yet another line subject to the same problems.

Also, isn't the GC line some type of contractual agreement where Bruce designs amps to their request with his name on it so they can sell it?

I'm sure it hurts Bruce to hear complaints about anything with his name on it and I'm also sure the modular line is something very dear to his heart, perhaps his greatest achievement. If the modular line is to be re-released on a mass scale, it would have to be done right or not at all.

I think the fact that he has been building modules (more than just 10 a year) and is probably going to build some M4s as well is a good indication he has not abandoned the MTS community.

This is no where near the point of marketing though... need figure out how and where to manufacture. Then there is the GC line issues to get past, what a thorn in the side that GC line is!

I think Bruce's effort is commendable

Now Bruce might not be plastering the MFs and GCs with the MTS line
but he still puts work into it
most amp manufacturers market a product only for a set amount of time, then drop it like a bad habit

Right now in the current economy, trying to get anything new out is dangerous enough
trying to reinvigorate something old is gonna be hell

Nightdare said:
Right now in the current economy, trying to get anything new out is dangerous enough
trying to reinvigorate something old is gonna be hell

I hate to keep being cynical, but this story started before the crisis. Also: play into it ;) MTS is a way to relatively cheaply own many high class amps.

Sorry if I'm being harsh, I understand the trouble of the times and business in general, but I just hate broken promises and missed opportunities. Don't misunderstand me, MTS rocks, Bruce is a genius amp designer period. The promises of new gear really got me excited and having to accept after years that stuff is probably not happening (still without any official word about anything) just feels crap.

I wish Egnater had more people on staff, to keep things moving... even one or 2 people to answer customer inquiries. I've never gotten ANY of my phone calls answered/returned... and rarely, my emails (I know he's busy). Gotta admit though.. Kinda frustrating. Boo... :cry: In this day & age of our economy, customer service is crucial... I definitely wanna see Egnater be successful... and I hope they start providing more (products AND service). :oops:

By the way, I'm not intending for this to sound disrespectful... I sincerely think Bruce is a genius & I really like his products. I guess I'm just anxious to give him more of my money... BUT I need that opportunity! :lol: