Egnater M4 new-extended

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bruce egnater

Reaction score
I get many, many requests for M4 preamps which, as many of you know, have not been made for quite a while. We are considering building a small batch. The problem is that in order for us to do this, our costs are way, way higher than when we built more of them. FYI, we used to sell them new for $400 and didn't really make much of anything on the M4 itself. It was sort of like the printer and cartridge thing. We make very little on the M4 rack but made our profit on the modules. Because of all this, to make any sense for us to do it, they would need to sell direct from us for $650 (without modules). Is there any real interest out there? Please let me know.
Thanks
Bruce
[email protected]

Bruce, I'd think you could sell a ton of them at $650 considering they generally go for around $800 on the used market. I wish I got one at $400 when I had the chance!

audiomidijace said:
Bruce,
Can you list the differences between the Randall RM4 and your M4?

A) It supports dual channel mods
B) It's built like a fucking tank (or at least the one I had years ago was)

JayDA said:
audiomidijace said:
Bruce,

B) It's built like a f&*king tank (or at least the one I had years ago was)
C) Does not have FX Loop, at least mine didn't.

drewiv said:
JayDA said:
audiomidijace said:
Bruce,

B) It's built like a f&*king tank (or at least the one I had years ago was)
C) Does not have FX Loop, at least mine didn't.

Hmmm...not that I think about it, you're right. I just ran mine straight through an Intellifex when I had it.

Nightdare said:
Would someone please hit me with a baseballbat and remind me I paid ?900 for a friggin RM4

Yup feel your pain - $750 in the US + shipping to the UK + Tax, did at least get some modules with it :)

And they are a lot rarer in the EU!

Howdy Bruce,

I've been using 3 RM100's and being able to have 8 different tones instead of 3, would be very cool. At that price point, I might be interested in one. I've seen them sell for over $800 used on Ebay.

A few quick questions-

1) Is there any way to include a a FX loop?
2) Do they come with any kind of footswitch?
3) As far as modules go, do you ever plan to release additional MTS mods? Is there a way to incorporate some of your other designs (Tweaker, Armageddon, Rebel) into the MTS platform?

Peace,

Ross~

The Rossness said:
Howdy Bruce,

I've been using 3 RM100's and being able to have 8 different tones instead of 3, would be very cool. At that price point, I might be interested in one. I've seen them sell for over $800 used on Ebay.

A few quick questions-

1) Is there any way to include a a FX loop?
2) Do they come with any kind of footswitch?
3) As far as modules go, do you ever plan to release additional MTS mods? Is there a way to incorporate some of your other designs (Tweaker, Armageddon, Rebel) into the MTS platform?

Peace,

Ross~

I can only address #2, a Midi Mate works well as a foot switch. The real estate it takes up is a bummer, if playing live. Pretty much why I use a MOD50 instead of a MOD100.

Not to be the nagging horse, but is an E2 preamp a possibility? Not sure how different the M4 & E2 would be from a builders' standpoint. Just thought I'd ask. If not, I'd strongly consider a M4 preamp.

I was going to swap my RM50 for a used RM4, but if I can get a brand new Egnater M4 for $650, I'm in. I realize this is a gateway preamp and I'll start flipping single mods for duals down on the corner, but I can't say no. Have you no shame Bruce?

trimix said:
I was going to swap my RM50 for a used RM4, but if I can get a brand new Egnater M4 for $650, I'm in. I realize this is a gateway preamp and I'll start flipping single mods for duals down on the corner, but I can't say no. Have you no shame Bruce?

A gateway preamp... :lol:

Oh so very true...This makes that dualie bug WAAAY harder to fight off...

I love that Bruce is down with the scene on the forums and still making great stuff at great prices...!!!

If you would ship one to West Oz I'd grab one. My RM4's midi switching is starting to play up and where I am it would probably cost me that much to get them both fixed.