my amp situation

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zepplin490

Reaction score
I just picked up my 4th amp and its my only non mts amp and ive been tweaking it all day its a B52 AT100 and its a killer amp and only set me back $250 but its moving in with the big boys its currently sitting on top of my RM50 and is plugged into my randall warhead cab on top of the cab is my rm100 and on top of the rm100 is my rm4 and a peavey 50/50 poweramp. Im considering selling my rm50 but im kinda scared of not having an amp that has a speaker built in. All 3 mts rigs sound differently.
The RM4 has an Angel, An Ultra Lead, a Sl-OD100 and a superclean. The Rm100 has a 59rr, an Erect and a plexitweed and the rm50 has my donors that are keeping the dust out of my rm50 they are a Stock Tweed and A stock sl+.. Im going to be getting another cab which is a b52 cab... So should i sell off the RM50 (they arent really that pricey these days) or keep it around as a last option backup?
-mp-

My opinion is to keep the RM50 around. They don't have great resell value right now, so you'd be better off just hanging onto it. :wink:

Mattfig said:
Keep it unless you really need that $$$...They are selling for peanuts and are worth much more in my opinion...
Absolutely, Matt. These amps are going for less than an iphone. It's some BS and I believe that it will turn around in time. When you think about it, It's a freaking tube amp with decent specs and MTS capable. People can be weird about their adherence to brands, but the gear speaks for itself. I have a good range of MTS gear right now (RM20C, RM50C, RM100M, RM4x2, and RT2-50) and I like them all for different reasons. They give me a wide range of configurations with my outboard gear and different types of power tubes, output, speaker types, and vibe. My point is: Down the road you may decide to make random changes depending on the evolution of your style/tastes, outboard gear that you add or subtract, or simply the type of venue you are playing. How it looks on stage with your other gear is also a consideration. An RM100SI might look a little strange at a jazz gig. In short, keep it, buy more, and rock em' 8)

Yeah the thought of selling it after i cranked it up earlier today disapeered I found what i remember most and that is the pure tone that the Rm combos have you can get the tubes rockin at a lower volume level that running my rm100 or my rm4 with poweramp.. I took the two stockers out of my rm50 and put in my new plexitweed and UltraLead.. the PT sounds by far better in my rm50 than in any of my other amps (the PT is my new favorite mod *thanks figg*) and the UltraLead sounded crushing I have the stock speaker in the rm50 too and its a nice change from running through Vintage 30's all day with my other amps.. The Rm series has been the best thing that ever happened to me gear wise. I originally bought a very dirty and malfunctioning RM50 off a buddy with 6 modules (3 that actually worked at the time) and after a little research i found out about the wonders of contact cleaner and after that the amp worked flawlessly not bad for a $200 investment.. Then the same buddy of mine was loving my line 6 gear and eventually bought a line 6 halfstack .. but after i had played through the rm50 for awhile i was craving more and he needed cash so we worked out a deal for his rm100 and his warhead cab for another $200 bucks and my 75 watt line 6 combo and the pedalboard that came with it.... At the time i knew nothing about modded modules so i was runnin an ultraXL a treadplate and a kh-1 in the rm50.. I had to get the rm100 retubed and after that it has worked great... eventually i ran into the jaded faith web site and the rest is history... I eventually started building a rack rig with a peavey 50/50 an rm4 and a bbe sonic maximizer.. as of today figg has the rack of delight and i have the wall of terror!!!!
-mp-