The New Salvation MDA Boards Part 2

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I saw your video..cool! Can we buy the boards now? Any idea how much they are? I didn't see anything on the Salvation website.
Thanks
Mike

mfred said:
I saw your video..cool! Can we buy the boards now? Any idea how much they are? I didn't see anything on the Salvation website.
Thanks
Mike

Contact Salvation directly via email. They are not on his site yet, but he does have them on his facebook page. I can't recall the cost :?: $40 & $50 or $50 & $60 :?: The 50 series is more expensive because it replaces all four pots.

Hope this helps.

They should be going up on Anthony's site pretty soon but the pricing is great...I don't want to quote that part but let's just say that for half the price of a stock mod, you can make ALL your mods sound better...Who wouldn't do that???

From Salvation's Facebook (and thought I saw it here somewhere too.)
RM100 is $50
RM50 is $55
Shipping is $25 for less than 10 boards at once
If bought with a module, shipping is free (no extra shipping).

Great videos as always! Even though I use very different power sections than randalls, I wonder from a general point of view - is that always all it takes to drain the capacitors in the power rectifier unit? That is where current could be stored and otherwise give one an electric shock right?
Did you switch off the power and kept the standby button on to drain?

Would be great to have some tech talk around here, since we're all mod tube freaks :)

Yeah, I'm curious about that too. I've never heard of that method of draining caps. I've always heard that you need to build a rudimentary power soak device using a multimeter probe and a resistor and actually touch that to the leads on the caps.

I was wondering if it worked too. Going in and messing with these boards didn't have me too worried, I didn't need to go close to anything powered. If I was digging deeper I would certainly discharge them with my resistor tool I got from the Egnater siminar.

I actually came on here today to look for this thread and ask that same question.

I did the video using Anthony's advice...I'm assuming this is safe for install of MDA boards as he knows what is involved here very well... :)

To be clear: Here are his instructions:

1. discharge caps:
put some module in, play powerchords and switch off AT THE SAME TIME stand by and power.
Still play powerchords.You will still hear your playing until it fades totally out.
This is easiest way how to discharge caps.

Hope that clears up any confusion....I just realized the wording I used in the video could be confusing....

FYI.. After chatting with Anthony these replacement boards will not work with the Egnater heads. Anthony is in the process of find the parts to augment the Egnater boards.

dcg8 said:
FYI.. After chatting with Anthony these replacement boards will not work with the Egnater heads. Anthony is in the process of find the parts to augment the Egnater boards.

Yup. I've been working with him and getting him pictures of the boards. Check this thread.

http://mtsforum.grailtone.com/viewtopic.php?t=17917

Latest posts